Responsible for the safe maintenance, repair, installation and modification of all sawmill-related equipment, you will apply your skills to maximize uptime, quality and production. Shift work might be required.
Competitive compensation and benefits are offered, together with a safe, high quality work environment.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and install electrical equipment to help meet production goals
- Troubleshoot and maintain three (3) phase electrical systems
- Diagnose cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and perform preventive and corrective maintenance
- Effectively resolve production problems in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot low voltage systems
- Assemble and test experimental motor control devices, switch panels, transformers, generator windings, solenoids and other electrical equipment and components
- Electrician or maintenance technician diploma/degree
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Solid background in heavy industry and construction
- A working knowledge in PLCs is considered an asset
- Knowledge of the lumber manufacturing process is an asset
Canfor is a leading integrated forest products company and one of the world’s largest producers of sustainable lumber, pulp and paper - is a recognized employer of choice and an exciting place to grow your career.
We have an established presence in the southern US and in Western Canada, as well as sales offices around the world, and are proud of our committed team of over 6,500 employees.
As we continue to expand our company and our markets, now is the ideal time to grow your career with Canfor. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees. Join Canfor for the stability, exciting career opportunities and growth potential while working for a recognized industry leader.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Apply for this job now.