The Breakfast Club is looking for a talented Commis Chef / Line Chef to join us.
Who we are:
We are a caf. Not a cafe, not a shop, not a branch, not a unit, not a restaurant. Just a caf.
There was also a time they called us a hipster hangout but thankfully that was just a passing phase. We don’t profess to being cool, because we’re not.
We make comfort food. We make warm fuzzy feeling in the pit of your stomach food. We make ‘is my gran in your kitchen?’ food. We make ‘3 star ethically sourced good for the planet’ food.
Everyone is welcome. Me, your mum, my grandad, your uncle Albert, little Jonnie and all our best pals. Everyone is welcome.
At one point we tried to save the world with varying degrees of success. But we’ll leave that to Greta as we feel she’s doing a much better job. We’ll stick to being a caf and supporting our local communities.
Release your inner cafness.
The role and You:
We are looking for a Commis Chef / Line Chef who has impeccable standards, a great team spirit and a willingness to learn! The ideal candidate will take pride in their work and be willing to go the extra mile in order to ensure our guests receive the best standards of care possible.
We want you to work closely together with your Head Chef and Chef de Parties to generate a culture of loyalty, positivity and opportunity whilst recognising the positive impact you can have on someone's day.
We believe our Line Chefs are the future of our kitchens, our next Chef de Parties and Head Chefs. The role will prepare & guide you properly as you complete the development journey so you can develop your skills to take you to the next level.
You will also be actively encouraged to play a role in your local communities through our volunteering program because ‘taking care of people’ is one of life’s greatest skills.
We believe in equal access to support and opportunity that exists for all. We celebrate our differences. We want you to help us to continually strive for diversity, inclusivity and an ‘arms wide open’ welcome for everyone.
What’s in it for you…
- Share of Tronc on top of the regular hourly pay. 100% of our Tronc goes to the employees.
- Tronc paid when you are on holiday.
- Example: The hourly rate advertised is based on £8.91 pay per hour plus the additional £3.49 per hour in Tronc (August 2021 figure). The Breakfast Club guarantees a minimum of £2 per hour in Tronc for this role.
- Wagestream – access to your earned wages whenever you need them.
- 24/7 access to external, free and confidential employee assistance helplines including free counselling, financial and legal advice.
- Clear career progression path.
- 50% discounts on food and drink (including your bar bill) taken off duty for you and up to 3 of your friends.
- Your mum (or dad) eats for free!
- Los Cincos – with 5 years of service or more you get 5 days extra holiday.
- Paid volunteering, T&C’S apply.
- We are a great supporter of your life outside of work. We promote work-life balance and flexibility.
- The opportunity to join The BC Track Club.
And more ….
Sounds like you? Apply now!
Role: Commis Chef - The Breakfast Club Canary Wharf & The Breakfast Pub
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Location: London (Greater), South East England, South East England
Apply for this job now.