Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £21,182 per annum, Inc benefits
Being responsible for vulnerable adults across the borough of Doncaster. Assisting them to live in a safe environment whilst promoting choice and independence as specified by an assessed support plan. This is achieved through a short term re-ablement programme.
Duties and Responsibilities1. To provide personal and practical support enabling vulnerable adults to remain in their own home and access the local community.
2. To have an awareness of and follow support plans, risk assessments, moving and handling assessment supporting the vulnerable adult to achieve assessed goals and outcomes.3. To support the service user during times when there is an alteration in their wellbeing or social circumstances. To report to the appropriate person at the earliest opportunity if the service user appears to be at risk or if their condition or situation alters.
4. All duties and responsibilities must be undertaken to meet regulations and standards as set out in Domiciliary Care National Minimum Standards – striving for excellence at all times.
5. To provide support to Guests in Positive Step Social Care Assessment Unit (PSU) and cover in the Home Emergency Alarm Response Team (HEART) as and when required. Both services being part of the wider Intermediate Care offer within the Council.
Specialist Skills and KnowledgeEssential skills, knowledge and experience required to fulfil the role include, but are not limited to:
• QCF level 2 or a relevant Social Care qualification
• Experience of working with Adults in a health and social care environment.
• An understanding of the physical, social and emotional needs of the service users.
• Good verbal communication skills and the ability to write legible daily reports, person centred plans of care and assess risks and individuals abilities.
• Knowledge of the following: Dementia, Safeguarding Adults, Health and Safety
• English fluency duty under the Immigration Act 2016 - As you are applying for a customer facing role, you must have the ability to converse easily with customers and provide advice/guidance in accurate spoken English
• Valid driving license required, travelling around the borough is essential for the role