This multi award-winning firm have an excellent reputation, often setting trends across the industry. They are a dynamic, creative, entrepreneurial, and forward-thinking firm with a long-standing history for providing legal services to Warwickshire and beyond. Due to the fact they are regionally based, they are better managed, with resources more readily available. They invest heavily in their team with prospects for progression being in abundance.
This firm are highly respected and are on of the oldest law firms in Warwickshire. The firm have an impressive track record and have grown considerably over recent years.
You will find a strong management / leadership team, where staff and the people who work there have real influence and say over the running of the firm. The practice has an impressive plan to continue to grow over the coming years, with this growth comes real opportunity for ambitious individuals to progress in their careers - this role would particularly suit those looking to progress who may have hit a glass ceiling in their current role.
With a professional, supportive and friendly culture; there is a nice social aspect to working at the firm across all levels.
The firm is seeking to hire a new Court of Protection Solicitor into their Warwickshire office.
Many of their clients may lack capacity to handle their own financial affairs. This may arise from an acquired brain injury, or, in the case of children, they may be considered unlikely to have that capacity when they reach the age of 18.
The team provides the comprehensive service required to set up and manage deputyships within the Court of Protection. They can act as professional deputies and assist with Court of Protection procedures where the deputy is a family member.
You will be providing expert advice on…
- Acting as a professional deputy for property and financial affairs
- Assisting with applications to the Court of Protection for the appointment of a lay deputy
- The legal requirements of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Code of Practice for lay deputies including decisions relating to an individual's personal welfare
- Applications for statutory wills
- Preparation of personal injury trusts
- Preparation of disabled person's trusts
- You will be a Court of Protection Solicitor with experience within a fee earning position with a minimum of 2 years PQE (there is no upper limit on the amount of experience and I would urge even the most experienced to apply for this role)
- You will have broad experience in Court of Protection work
- You should have a good technical knowledge
- You should have a good billings history in recent times
- Salary is above market rate and negotiable depending on your level of PQE
Apply now for immediate consideration or feel free to give me a call for a confidential conversation.