Project Admin Officer
Location: Leyland, Lancashire
Salary: NJC scale 5 -10 - £19,312 to £21,322 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 30th July at 12pm
Our client is an independent, charitable organisation that aims to provide the best possible support and services to help keep people safe, secure, warm and independent at home. The organisation has been established for more than 25 years in and around the Preston area, with them now delivering services right across Lancashire including Preston, Chorley, South Ribble, West Lancashire, Fylde and Pendle.
The charity are seeking to recruit a passionate, motivated individual to join their growing team based in Leyland, Lancashire.
Purpose of Role:
Provide administrative support right across the Preston Care & Repair team to help ensure that our services run smoothly and efficiently and that their standards of customer service are excellent; support the continuous development and improvement of our administrative processes; and contribute to the overall development of the organisation and business plan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be the first point of contact for incoming calls. Provide a professional, polite response to telephone enquiries and direct calls to other colleagues where required.
- Accurately record telephone messages.
- Accurately record client information and enquiries on the appropriate job sheet and process efficiently.
- Maintain professional relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Support the development and maintenance of office systems which enable staff to manage workloads to maximum efficiency and provide excellent customer service.
- Maintain client records on the database and produce relevant information for statistical reports.
- Monitor and respond to/forwarding on enquiries received through our general enquiries email address (info@)
- Support the Administration Manager and Finance Officer in the day to day control of the petty cash and record income and expenditure according to financial procedures
- Provide Personal Assistant support to the Chief Executive as required such as managing diary appointments, booking travel arrangements, scheduling regular meetings and taking minutes.
- Support the Chief Executive and wider team to regularly update Preston Care & Repair's website and social media presence.
- General office duties, including filing, photocopying, mailing, maintaining consumable stocks etc…
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Experience of dealing with telephone enquiries.
- Ability to secure and record information quickly and concisely.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Experience of providing administrative assistance in an office environment.
- Excellent IT skills including use of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Ability to plan and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to manage relationships at all levels and to sustain teamwork approaches.
- Willingness to undertake personal and professional development and/or training.
- Ability to manage own time and work independently and flexibly with minimal supervision.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Caring and compassionate approach to customer service.
- Experience of taking and writing accurate minutes of meetings.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience of working with older, disabled or vulnerable people.
- Experience of using social media in a work environ