Company: VENN GROUP LONDON
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Venn Group are currently looking for a Band 8a Head of Legal services for an NHS Foundation Trust in East London to cover a 2 to 3 month placement.
- To provide a responsive, resolution-focused and effective inquest and legal claims service within the Trust
- Lead the legal team team to ensure that the Trust management of legal claims and inquests is responsive, timely and effective
- Work with the Head of Patient Experience and Head of Patient Safety and Risk teams to ensure
- Handle and manage all clinical negligence personal injury claims, brought against the Trust in line with Civil Procedure Rules and NHSR guidelines, and in tandem with NHSR (NHSR) and their appointed legal advisors where appropriate
- Manage and handle dealings with the Coroner and requests for reports for inquests and any subsequent summons of staff. Attend and advocate at straightforward inquests and instruct external solicitors if risk to the Trust is high
The rate on offer is £31.94 per hour in line with the CCS framework terms of business for a band 8A position.
The post will be on going on a full-time basis and the client is able to offer flexible home working options, with partial office presence required ideally.
It is essential that applicants have a legal background, especially dealing with inquests and NHS matters, but do not need to be a qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive.
This is a great opportunity to work with NHS in a senior position.
If you possess the relevant experience and are currently seeking a new role then please forward your CV to or call and ask for Leah Holder.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.