Eastern Metal Recycling is seeking CDL-Class B Truck Drivers for our Allentown/Hazelton location.
*******Must possess an active CDL Class B license********
• Responsible for the pick-up of scrap metal from various sites and customers in the local region and delivering material back to yard in a safe and timely manner.
• Responsible for collecting all paperwork and complying with all federal and state regulations.
• Other duties as assigned by management
Ideal Candidate will possess:
Must possess a CDL Class B license• Attained age of 21, or older to cross state lines
• GED or High school Diploma
• Drug testing, physical, criminal background check and driving background investigations will be conducted by management prior to employment
• Must possess a current DOT physical assessment card
• Prior experience operating the bed lift hydraulic controls and mounted loading/unloading hydraulic systems on the roll-off equipped truck
• Must operate truck in accordance with state and federal safety laws
• Heavy lifting is required
• Scrap runner/driver tracking knowledge preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
•Ability to safely navigate congested roads and maintain an even temperament
• Ability to project a professional appearance and demeanor with customers
• Ability to work overtime, both scheduled and unscheduled, to meet the needs of our customers
• Must accurately complete logs, reports and vehicle inspection daily.
• Must comply with all local, state, and federal transportation regulations and with all company policies and procedures.
Working for EMR will provide you with:
• An open, friendly and supportive environment in a growing company.
• Competitive salaries, bonus programs, health and dental, 401K, etc.
EMR's presence in America has increased over recent years with organic growth accelerated by strategic acquisitions in key locations. We have coverage in more than 20 states with almost 2,000 employees spread across these sites. Our American operations form a crucial part of EMR's international activities.
Our core business is the recycling of metal from a range of sources such as End-of-Life vehicles/consumer products, industry, construction and demolition. We have extensive ferrous and non-ferrous operations worldwide and produce over 100 grades of high quality recycled materials which are taken to market by our substantial road, rail and shipping network.
Supporting our core activities are a range of specialist divisions including industrial clearance, total waste management, ship breaking, servicing local government service providers and cable, copper and aluminum granulation facilities. Also, through our own and our joint venture activities we are working towards becoming a zero waste company.
Role: CDL Class B Driver
Apply for this job now.