Artisinal Baker/Chocolatier - York - £27,000p/a
Situated in the centre of York, we are searching for a committed, proactive and experienced Artisinal Baker/Chocolatier who would enjoy work in an modern, fast-paced kitchen.
They are seeking a candidate with an excellent range of pastry and baking skills, along with chocolatier experience, and the ability and drive to provide superb, modern and eclectic pastries, breads and deserts.
- Currently work as a Pastry Chef within a high end bakery or restaurant.
- Be trained in traditional and modern patisserie techniques.
- Have a drive to create and develop new items - keeping an eye on current and upcoming trends.
- Have an excellent handle on all areas of food safety and health & hygiene procedures.
- Work with a changing and evolving seasonal menu focused on healthy eating.
- Help with planning menus, introduce new ideas.
- Ensure consistent and high-quality delivery of an efficient, cost effective and safe food service and product, correctly managing and leading the kitchen operation.
You will have:
- Passionate for quality food and produce.
- A desire to maintain outstanding levels of customer service.
- Experience working in a high end hospitality environment and the ability to competently run your own section.
In addition to a competitive salary, our client also offers:
- Competitive rate of pay
- Up to 28 days holiday
- Pension scheme
Please apply with an up to date CV in Word or PDF format.