Summary of Responsibilities
Project Manager will be responsible for all activity on job sites they are supervising. They will also be responsible for customer interaction of all kinds. They will manage additional work requests, job site visits, and great service to our customers. The Project Manager will be responsible for all great communication to and from the customer, architect, and engineer. They will oversee all construction in accordance with plans and specs and be responsible to keep the superintendent on schedule for that job. They are responsible to keep each superintendent on track with that schedule and meet every deadline. When that deadline is not met the Project Manager will do whatever necessary to get job back on track including working overtime. The Project Manager will prepare submittals for each job according to the plans and specs. Each submittal will be turned into the correct person with the correct number of copies in accordance with the schedule. The Project Manager will do a weekly walk through of the job site inspecting and answering questions. The Project Manager is also responsible for making sure subs are safe on site and that they have the site safety plan. Overall the Project Manager is expected to get the job done on time and in budget with great communication to owner, customer, architects, and engineers.
At HASCO, our business strategy is to be the most proactive General Contractor in the West Texas area. Therefore, we hold every employee to the standard of being “Relentlessly Proactive,” and we expect this behavior to drive every activity.
Key Results Areas:
• Maintain Schedule
• Oversee all Construction
• Communication to Customer, Architect, Engineer
• Additional Work Requests
• Customer Satisfaction
• Customer Walk Through and Punch Lists
• Subcontractor bid lists
• Profitability on Job
• Keeping the Budget
• Negotiating with Customers and Subcontractors
• Submittal Preparation
• Weekly Progress Inspections
• Problem Solving
• Motivate Superintendents according to Schedule
• Pre-construction Meeting
• Getting Estimates from Subs
• Promote and Enforce Safety
• Prepare site safety plan
- Additional Work Requests
- Site Safety Plan
- Customer, Architect, Engineer Communication
- Leave request form filled out 2 weeks minimum before absence
Build Long Term Relationships
• Handle all subcontractor interactions in a manner designed to build a long term relationship.
• Develop personal / social relationships with selective subcontractors.
Operate as One Team
• Build strong win-win relationships with other departments within HASCO, including
project management, marketing, business development, accounting, and superintendents.
Go the Extra Mile
• Do whatever it takes to ensure that HASCO bids and proposals are competitive and have the greatest chance of winning. This may require the employee to arrive early, stay late, or
perform tasks not specifically outlined in the job description.
• Double-check all critical work deliverables to minimize mistakes.
Never Stop Improving
• Initiate personal development program to build professional and managerial skills.
• Read local business and relevant construction trade publications.
• Initiate suggestions for company-wide process improvements.
• Research and maintain technological excellence in their work environment.
Engineer Win-Win Solutions
• Develop creative solutions to problems.
• Identify creative ways to deliver additional profit if possible.
• Complete all activities with a pride of ownership “as if it was your name on the door.”
• Participate in company-wide events, such as meetings, socials, etc.
General requirements for all positions:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must know Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Project.
• Must be self-motivated & punctual.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally
• Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech.
Full service General Contractor specializing in commercial construction of ground up restaurants, retail, and office, including complete interior and exterior renovations of existing structures, and new tenant finish out of lease spaces.
Role: PROJECT MANAGER/SUPERINTENDENT
Apply for this job now.