The Sr Manager, Project Management leads a team of Project Managers and Project Specialists in order to execute clinical supply management projects. The position also manages a small number of projects for key clients. Works in partnership with the Quality and Operations functions to ensure clear communication of customer requirements and Sherpa capabilities in order to successfully complete projects of all sizes within time, scope and quality requirements.
- Select, supervise, empower, coach, develop, and retain a team of qualified individuals through effective employee development, performance management, succession planning, and recognition
- Ensure the appropriate team structure is in place by performing workload analysis in conjunction with the Clinical Leadership Team to ensure we delivery on customer and business commitments
- Establish team and individual goals and objective in alignment with global clinical goals and customer requirements, supporting providing the industry's leading customer experience
- Ensure execution of the projects according to the project plan.
- Monitor the progress of the team’s projects and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Establish a communication schedule to update appropriate staff, leadership and customers.
- Evaluate the outcomes of projects as established during the planning phase
- Ensure team financial performance goals are met. Manage expenses to meet approved budget while achieving departmental commitments and project objectives. Provide recommendations for capital expenditures where appropriate
- Collaborate with the Global Clinical Business Development team to ensure seamless communication with the customer, including working with them on future and existing business growth opportunities
- Promotes continuous improvement, and contributes positively and proactively to the project management team
- Take a leadership role with process improvement and strategy initiatives to support the promise of providing the industry's leading customer experience
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and 7+ years of experience in project management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience leading and managing up to 10 direct reports in a fast paced, matrixed environment.
- Experience in clinical trial material packaging required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Strong process orientation.
- College Level Mathematical Skills
- Advanced Computer Skills: Ability to perform the most complex computer tasks and operate various computer programs.
- Full Professional Proficiency: Ability to speak, read, and write fluently and accurately on all levels pertinent to professional needs.
- Very High Reasoning: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in math or diagram form and deal with several abstract/concrete variables.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
PCI offers unparalleled expertise and experience in taking compounds from the earliest stages of development through to commercial launch, delivering speed to market and commercial success for our customers.
Role: Sr Manager, Project Management
Location: San Diego,
Apply for this job now.