The Construction Manager is responsible for construction and/or maintenance telecommunication OSP & ISP projects, and will make decisions necessary to adhere to contractual obligations and meet Company objectives, as well as contribute to the Company's vision of being an industry leading contractor through our commitment to quality, excellence and dependable service.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Engage with current and potential customers in an effort to expand services and create new opportunities for growth.
- Keep Executive team informed of ongoing projects, including customer information, scope of work, location, etc.
- Monitor progress and developments of ongoing projects.
- Prepare of bids, contracts and job budgets.
- Ensure project quality and correct as needed to meet customer expectations.
- Ensure efficient and cost effective operation within approved operating budgets.
- Develop plans to ensure adequate staffing of in-house personnel and subcontractors.
- Set up job sites, including but not limited to, permits, utilities and housing.
- Set up the warehouse, including inventory controls, and tracking of construction materials, equipment, tools, and vehicles for projects.
- Complete and or review necessary paperwork to ensure accurate reporting of time & production.
- Lay-out and design construction maps and work from the maps of others.
- Serve as liaison between the Company and Customers.
- Responsible to identify unsafe/hazardous work conditions for self, other employees, customers and the general public. Ensure Company safety policies & procedures are practiced, including training as outlined in the Safety Manual.
- Hire, fire, and train personnel.
- Identify and report all potential theft.
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Experience in copper, coaxial and fiber-optic cable installation, construction and maintenance
- Must be familiar with aerial and underground OSP construction practices
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints and system design documents.
- Must be willing and able to travel to assigned projects.
- Must be able to lift at least 80 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be motivated, enthusiastic, diplomatic and professional.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to pass a criminal background screen
- Valid driver's license and ability to pass a motor vehicle background test
- Pre-employment drug screening
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to perform the physical duties of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position typically requires: grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. The employee may be required to demonstrate routine construction activities, such as pulling, climbing, digging, and using hand/power tools, as well as moving heavy equipment.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time (up to 2 hours per day), with no significant stooping being required.
Work is in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. The employee will be required to spend time in the field, which is subjected to varying outdoor weather conditions.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee may be required to use construction equipment, such as vehicles, ladders, and hand tools.
Travel is expected for this position. Overnight stays are expected depending on the area visited.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.