A renowned equipment manufacturer and supplier for the woodworking industry is seeking an Electrical Designer to join their team.
- Hours: Monday to Thursday 08:00-17:00 Friday 08:00-13:30
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £45,000.00 pa
- Location: Tiverton
This role will be responsible for undertaking the design, development and testing of electrical control systems.
- Write control specifications for new products or modifications to existing products.
- Design electrical circuits required for the development and production of Band Resaws and other new products using ePLAN electrical design software or similar.
- Generate build documentation and parts lists
- Liaise with end users and other relevant contractors and sub-contractors to ensure correct design, test and installation of systems.
- Participate in the investigation of system problems.
- Interface with electrical suppliers to ensure the most cost-effective solutions are found.
- Contribute to the evolving Design Standards for Electrical/Mechanical Drawings.
- Keep up with the latest standards that are applicable to electrical control systems, namely EN60204, ISO 13849 and have knowledge of EN12100.
- Carry out other tasks and projects within the competence of the job holder as requested by the Operations Director.
- Customer support or existing machinery
- Practical experience of electrical builds and use of diagnostic tools.
- Electrical Machine Design for build and procurement.
- Electrical Machine/Control Panel Design with reference to risk assessment and applicable safety standards.
- Ability to manage time and resources and prioritise tasks based on a dynamic project function with a willingness to travel and undertake customer visits if required.
- Strong verbal and precise written communication skills to engage with internal and external contacts, effectively gather information and express instructions clearly.
- Electrical drawing package experience (preferable ePLAN)
- Management of the personnel within the electrical department
- HND or degree in Electrical/Electronic Design Engineering or Design Engineering
- Experience in Electrical & Design Engineering
- Experience in Product Life Cycle
Perks & Benefits:
- Company Pension
- Life insurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- On-site parking
- Profit related bonus
Apply NOW or call #removed#!
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.