Under direct supervision from the Maintenance Superintendent and Property Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the entire property in a safe, attractive, comfortable condition. With the ability to recognize general and specific maintenance issues and respond to them promptly and maintains excellent resident customer service and working relationships with all staff members.
- Effectively handle resident service requests and work orders, correcting the situation within 24 hours when possible.
- Ensure all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
- Maintain awareness of the physical condition of the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions. Ensure property is clean and presentable.
- Maintain accurate records regarding service requests (received and completed), apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
- Leave communication with resident after completing/pending service requests.
- Must be knowledgeable of inventory levels of spare parts and supplies. Inform supervisor when shortages occur and provide details.
- Uphold company best practices, policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for staying up to date on required training.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures relating to performance of tasks, use of products or supplies and incident reporting.
- May be required to occasionally work at other property locations in your local area based on staffing needs.
- Other projects as assigned.
· Monday - Friday
· On call shifts required
- Previous experience related to plumbing, electrical, carpentry and locksmithing, painting, drywall repair.
- Customer Service and attention to detail.
- Ability to read and understand a Safety Data Sheet “SDS”.
- Ability to multitask.
- Previous knowledge and experience of using hand/power tools.
- Climb stairs and ladders inside and outside
- Good hand dexterity
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on call shifts
- Must pass background checks and have valid Driver’s License.
Grand Atlas Property Management is always looking for true team-players who want to work for a company that allows for growth and development. We seek individuals who want to learn and advance in the Property Management industry. Every employee plays a vital role at Grand Atlas, so with your desire to succeed and our training and resources, opportunities at Grand Atlas are more than just jobs. We offer exceptional career paths, and joining our team can lead to an exciting and fast-paced career. We provide an atmosphere that fosters a healthy work life balance, and our comprehensive benefits package provides health care, retirement planning, paid time off, and much more to help with your needs today and build for your future tomorrow.
Grand Atlas provides its team members with an exceptional company culture. We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunity in employment. We offer a safe, healthy work environment for employees through a commitment to maintaining a drug-free workplace. At Grand Atlas, success is about more than having a healthy bottom line. We are committed to making Grand Atlas an amazing and unique place to work for each member of our team.
Role: Apartment Maintenance Technician
Apply for this job now.