Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada's most challenging and complex projects, while consistently maintaining job safety, time management, and the highest degree of quality. Bantrel provides EPC/EPCM services to the Energy, Mining and Infrastructure markets, Canada-wide.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our major shareholder, Bechtel Corporation, one of the most respected EPC companies in the world, and with the McCaig Family, Calgary-based with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Bantrel Co.: My Company | LinkedIn
Pennsylvania Chemicals is a world-scale facility that will use ethane to produce 1.6 million tons of polyethylene per year. The project will involve up to 6,000 workers during its construction and is expected to employ 600 permanent employees when completed. The ethylene / polyethylene complex will be located in the Ohio River Valley north of Pittsburgh. It comprises an ethane cracker and three polyethylene units, plus OSBL including a gas-fired combined cycle cogeneration unit and a large storage-in-transit rail yard.
This is a short-term assignment in Monaca, Pennsylvania with an estimated end date of January 2022.
The CSU Mechanical System Specialist will be assigned systems on the project for which he will have full responsibility for pre-commissioning and commissioning. This will require coordinating with electrical, instrumentation and control systems disciplines within the CSU organization to complete all required testing from component level through integrated operation with the rest of the facility. Testing to be performed will generally include much of but not necessarily be limited to: flushing piping systems, performing vessel closeout inspections, running in driven equipment (including vibration testing) such as pumps, compressors, fans, etc., checkout and testing of prime movers such as diesels and turbines, inspection and setting of safety valves, testing heat exchangers, performing IST's, logic testing of system functions (e.g., interlocks, trips and permissives), and generally supporting other disciplines (electrical, instrumentation, controls and plant operations) to complete pre-commissioning and commissioning tests.
- Development of documentation for system testing and turnover including scoping of drawings and Teamworks,
- Preparing system pre-commissioning and commissioning testing procedures and other similar required documents;
- Complete testing per STCP's, SWPP's, Pre-com procedures and other specific procedures which may be required to be prepared in this position. Complete all test records, data sheets, etc. to fully document testing activities;
- Provide preventative maintenance input for procedures and schedules for maintaining equipment once it has been commissioned.
- Coordinate with and provide direction to supplier Technical Assistants to complete commissioning of vendor supplied equipment. Monitor supplier TA activities to ensure proper charging of TA time (i.e.: ensure Bechtel is not charged for TA time spent addressing the vendor's own issues). Plan work accordingly and control the expenditure of TA time to stay within the budget constraints for each PO;
- Provide input to engineering on revisions required to system descriptions, vendor operating and maintenance manuals, etc. based on review of documents during development of test procedures and executing of the commissioning to ensure all such documents are consistent. Prepare FCN/FCR/SFR/NCR/DR's as required to document as-built conditions and/or properly resolve deficiencies;
- Prepare detailed plans for assigned project system commissioning activities, integrate all discipline activities into these plans; Provide input and updates to project controls as required to maintain accuracy and progress of project schedules;
- Provide technical direction to field manual craft as required to perform assigned tasks;
- Participate in system turnover walkdowns, both Construction and Client turnovers; initiate, track and resolve punchlist items for assigned areas of responsibility;
- Work hours as required, including shiftwork, overtime, weekends and holidays as necessary to support the project;
- Perform other duties as directed in support of project activities;
- Must be a Canadian citizen
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, or a professional license in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline from a recognized licensing board, or a sufficient number of specialized courses in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline to meet the job requirements
- Indepth experience related to startup and commissioning of industrial, process or utility facilities or other relevant experience such as construction, engineering, field engineering or operations in industrial, process or utility facilities including progressively increasing levels of responsibility in supervisory and technical roles.
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel proficiently. Ability to use BSAP's BPS and Infoworks proficiently. Working knowledge of Teamworks, Setroute and E-Track.
- Ability to work in a team based environment, knowledge of project specific environmental compliance requirements, general awareness of environmental laws, awareness of government compliance standards
- Familiarity with current industry quality standards, general awareness of local labor laws and issues, general knowledge of state, federal and local contracting requirements, experience working with and supervising craft.
- Prior Petrochemical experience.
- Prior Bantrel or Bechtel experience.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, and design criteria pertinent to gas plants.
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact closely and frequently with client personnel
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.