8K Miles Media Group is looking for a skilled Staff Accountant to join our robust accounts team. 8K Miles Media Group is a multinational media and entertainment conglomerate, focused on creating and distributing engaging content for the South Asian Diaspora. The company comprises businesses across a range of media, including: news and information services, terrestrial and digital radios, theatrical exhibitions, newspaper and magazine publishing, events management, and sports management.
We are looking for a skilled Staff Accountant to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. Bookkeeper job duties include working closely with our accounting team to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate holds a Finance degree (preferably followed by accounting CPE courses) or is well-versed with fundamental accounting concepts; the candidate should know QuickBooks.
Ultimately, the Staff Accountant’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of all of our media businesses, including our newspaper, terrestrial and digital radio, and theaters.
- Verify, communicate, follow-up, and update Internal Company Service Lines time and expense
- Process, verify, communicate client invoices
- Follow-up on past due invoices
- Bank transfers between bank accounts
- Journal Entries in QuickBooks online
- Maintain the employee payroll state of residency
- Process vendor payments
- Reconcile bank statements
- Maintain and administer HRA account
- Communicate to VPs accounts receivable summaries
- Calculate and create monthly accruals for prepaid expenses, PTO, bonuses, etc
- Maintain fixed assets and create the monthly depreciation entry into QuickBooks
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and Journal Entries
- File and pay the State sales and use tax
- Maintain and update commission spreadsheet
- State Filing Compliance
- Coordinate with Human Resources to update salaries, promotions, etc.
- Excellent QuickBooks knowledge a MUST!!!
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Intermediate Excel knowledge preferred.
- ADP Payroll experience a plus
Role: Staff Accountant
Location: East Brunswick,
Apply for this job now.