Join our defence and national security business and you’ll be helping users plan and train to meet the most complex security threats in the world. Working alongside experts in AI and Machine Learning, computational modelling and distributed systems, you’ll be putting multiplayer technology to life-saving use.You can read more about the technical challenges we’re solving here - https://improbable.io/defence
You will join a graduate programme that includes an accelerator induction, structured development plan and mentorship from an experienced team driven by solving hard technical problems. Areas of Impact
- Creating scientific models for our product offering, ensuring that users have the functionality they need now and in the future
- Critically evaluating the output of models and presenting these back to key stakeholders and decision makers, adapting your communication style to the relevant audience
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in relevant specialist areas e.g. networks, social systems, agent-based modelling and military practices for decision support & collective training
- Keeping our standards high, conducting code reviews and supporting best-practices in the team, so our users can be confident in the solutions we deliver
- Maintain an understanding of our platform technologies and tooling capabilities, and help to contribute requirements for their further development.
We’d like to hear from you if you identify with the following
For a comprehensive overview of our Campus Programme, information about Engineering at Improbable and interview process, visit our briefing pack!
- You have a strong scientific background in Maths, Physics or Statistics
- You have programming skills in Python
- You have some experience with a range of modelling paradigms and techniques such as agent-based modelling, machine learning or optimisation
- You enjoy developing models from first principles and are unbiased in your choice of modelling techniques
- Ability to conduct research, produce conceptual models and develop prototypes
- Experience communicating complex modelling concepts to a range of audiences both technical and non-technical
- Importantly, you are considerate, humble, and a strong believer in teamwork
- Please note due to the nature of this role you may be expected to meet requirements associated with obtaining UK security vetting clearance
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
About UsImprobable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.Life at ImprobableDiversity, inclusion & belonging