Responsible for Application Engineering Support of all Battery Testing and Emulation equipment installed in the Detroit Area
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide on-site training and commissioning services for new and existing customers. This includes software, hardware and maintenance training.
- Function as initial point of contact between sales, field service department and product engineering staff for customer software and application issues.
- Become an expert user for all the software options for controlling our test equipment.
- Become a battery and power electronics testing expert
- Gather customer requirements and competitive data to help Product Management develop new products.
- Work on competitive analysis and whitepapers for use by sales team.
- Work with sales team and customers in generating customer requirements and specifying appropriate equipment.
- Work experience in a technical job with emphasis on engineering, application engineering and/or direct customer support.
- Strong working knowledge of test equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power quality meters and comfort with high power electronics and high voltage AC/DC electrical systems in a laboratory setting
- Good troubleshooting skills and the ability to solve technical problems hardware and software in real-time situations.
- Extensive experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and MS Visio
- Testing knowledge of EV/HEVs, batteries, motors/inverters or other high voltage DC products a strong plus
- Basic software programming such as C++ skills a significant plus.
- Basic understanding of LabView programming a significant plus.
- Knowledge of CAN communication and troubleshooting
BSME or BSEE and hands on experience with batteries, electric/hybrid vehicles or battery test equipment is desired. On the job experience/learning is also acceptable.
Interested and qualified candidates for the Application Service Engineer should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to move forward in the process.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Senior Technical Recruiter/ Staffing Mentor
Of the more than 80 offices in our network, the Roseville, MI Bryant Bureau office consistently ranks among the top two offices in successful candidate placements. Four of the nation's top 20 recruiters work in this office, including one who has sat on the Board of Directors for the exclusive Pinnacle Society, an organization whose membership is reserved for the top recruiters in the nation.
Our recruiters interact with top level industry professionals on a daily basis. These relationships have been built through memberships in various industry organizations and their personal initiative in developing strong professional relationships throughout the community.
Bryant Bureau is a Member of the Michigan Association of Staffing Services.
Role: Application Service Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills,
Apply for this job now.