If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity for growth come join us at YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc. located in Gallatin, TN.
Join a team of Professionals who take pride in following Best Practices in all areas of our operation. We have a work environment where dedication and contributions are recognized, appreciated and rewarded.
The Maintenance Technician performs preventative maintenance and troubleshoot on all machines conveyor systems, strapping equipment, air compressor and chillers. They will also install electrical and wiring systems. The position requires a strong background in industrial automations (PLC and robot programming). The Maintenance Technician maintains an understanding of current technology as related to job responsibilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participate in job safety training and follow all policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as conveyors systems, hydraulic equipment, pneumatic equipment, compressors, chillers, dryers, etc.
- Cutting up scrap, answering radio calls to “down production and facilities equipment” in a timely manner, troubleshooting and properly repairing “down equipment”, calibrating and troubleshooting helium leak testers, performing mechanical and parameter adjustments to hot plate weld units and boring units as needed (keeping within the parameter sheet limits), taking a tank to the quality lab after a parameter or mechanical adjustment is made to a weld unit, and making sure we’re running quality products.
- Maintain and clean production machines throughout shift and maintain associated 5S areas.
- Install electrical wiring systems to handle required loads for various pieces of equipment, installing proper safety devices and providing necessary outlets and switches. Perform electrical troubleshooting.
- Install cat5e and integrate with existing network.
- Troubleshoot, program and repair ABB and Fanuc robots.
- Identify and report potential equipment and building problems on a daily log sheet.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Strategic Thinking.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to grasp small items, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The Maintenance Technician position is manned on all shifts with days and hours to be determined by shift. The employee must be flexible to work the “off-shift”, overtime and on-call hours.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience in Industrial Maintenance in a fast pace manufacturing environment
- Must own hand tools to perform basic repairs to equipment
- Ability to use shop equipment (lathe, drill press, mill, cut-off saw, arbor press and hydraulic press).
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates Degree with 2+ experience
- Industrial Maintenance Certification with 2+ years’ experience
- Strong hands-on PLC and controls experience with Siemens S5, S7 and Allen Bradley RsLogix500
- Knowledge of ABB and Fanuc Robots.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and complex mechanical equipment
- Technical Capacity
- Learning Orientation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc. is a world class, Tier 1 automotive supplier specializing in design, engineering and manufacturing of automotive fuel system solutions. Using injection-molded and co-extrusion technologies together with our industry-leading product development know-how, we produce unique multi-layer blow-molded fuel management systems and components. Fuel tank and fuel transfer systems provide improved highly durable construction, greater space utilization and corrosion resistance.
YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc. uses a proprietary blow molding process for filler pipe systems that enables a reduction in components required as well as improved product quality, for example, fuel filler pipes with molded in tabs and featuring multi-layer conductivity.
Role: Maintenance Technician
Apply for this job now.