The flock specialist in loading is responsible for the safe transfer of birds to (and out of) our layer facilities at Trillium Farms. They are responsible for loading/unloading cages from trucks and facilities and ethically euthanize birds on an as-needed basis.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Removing birds from cages and loading into carts
- Safely handling birds, life cages above eye-level, and stacking heavy objects
- Pushing loaded carts 500+ feet
- Loading carts onto trucks
- Removing carts from trucks and placing live birds in cages
- Cleaning with air compressors, air hoses, and wands
- Removing any remaining feed, eggs, feathers, manure, and washing walls
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to push loaded carts of up to 80 pounds
- Must be able to push loaded carts 500 feet or more
- Ability to work irregular hours including weekends.
- Ability to work in various climate conditions including extreme heat and cold environments, walking and standing for long periods of time.
- Reliable transportation
This role involves considerable exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, and noises. Individuals are also exposed to irritants, heavy lifting, long hours, and inclement weather.
- Climbing, reaching, and carrying up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Standing, kneeling, and crouching
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus as needed
- Partial hearing is a minimum requirement
Benefits and Perks
This position starts at $16.50/hr with benefits that include; Health Insurance, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k) with match, and tuition reimbursement.
Candidates should submit a resume online to fill out an application. Trillium Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer. m/f/d
Powered by JazzHR