App Developer (Android)
Salary: £32,000 - £40,000
Job type: Permanent
We are looking to speak with an experienced application developer who is looking to work for a fast-growing software company based in the Salford area. Our client works across a diverse range of sectors including science, healthcare, education, sports, fashion, logistics and many more. Our client is at the forefront of digital design and development which has led them to form partnerships with some of the worlds most renowned companies, providing them a great service on all platforms.
If you are looking for a company where your talent and contributions will not go unnoticed this may be the perfect place for you. You will work with a mixture of partnering agencies and contractors which contain a variety of staff which includes experienced developers and young talent.
The working hours are Monday - Friday, with flexible working hours for those who require it. The package also includes 29 days holiday including bank holidays. This position also offers a wide array of bonuses such as access to a great company pension scheme and opportunities to work on a wide variety of project and technologies.
- Proficient in Java, Kotlin essential
- React Native experience or knowledge
- Solid understanding of full Android mobile development lifecycle.
- Good understanding of Android SDK and development tools.
- Proven experience deploying Native Applications
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies and working practices
- Knowledge of OO concepts, design patterns and associated concepts.
- Understanding of RESTful services.
- Sense of ownership and the quality of the solutions you produce.
- Test Driven Development.
- Be building apps for Android in Native languages (Kotlin/ Java).
- Ability to develop in React and/or Flutter would be a benefit
- Report to the Project Manager and the Tech Lead of the mobile team.
- Ability to work with XD Designs and convert them seamlessly into the development.
- Ability to understand requirements and user stories to support the development of each feature in order to gain sign off.
- Bring ideas and suggestions to projects.
- Actively participate in meetings with the project manager and ensure that technical requirements are clear.
- Solves problems collaboratively.
- Takes ownership and engages with the team.
- Keeps up with the digital industry and proactively learns new technologies.