Youth Offenders Key Worker
Feb 2021 start date
Specialist School setting
£70 - £85 per day - Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: at least 6 months relevant experience in the past few years
Vision for Education Huddersfield specialist SEND department are recruiting for a Youth Offenders Key Worker to work specifically 1:1 with a young student who presents Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties within a school setting. This specific student can present challenging behaviours therefore Vision for Education are looking for an extremely positive, adaptable Key worker to support them on a daily basis.
This Youth Offenders Key Worker role will be based within a Specialist school setting for students who are no longer in mainstream education. The other 3 days a week will be spent doing out reach with the young learner. We are ideally looking for a Key Worker who is extremely interested in Sport and an interest in Mechanics would be advantageous.
To be considered for the Youth Offenders Key worker role you must:
- Be able to adapt to certain situations that can arise.
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
- Have Team Teach training or be willing to attend the FREE course held by Vision.
- Experience working with Special Educational Needs.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education and as a Youth Offenders Key Worker, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to Apply
Apply today via this website if you have a passion for helping young individuals who may be disadvantaged, or for more information about this role / the experience that is required, please contact our Huddersfield SEND team today at Vision for Education.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.