The role of Content Assistant will support the Broadway Direct digital team with the creation and management of content across web, email, and social channels.
Broadway Direct, founded by the Nederlander Organization, is a national consumer brand that is an official and trusted source for all things Broadway. Broadway Direct presents its customers with relevant Broadway news as well as informing consumers where to purchase authentic tickets online for any Broadway show in NYC and Broadway shows on tour across the country.
Our customers' experience is at the center of everything we do. Delivering welcoming, meaningful, memorable experiences is how we create lifelong Broadway fans and make a long-lasting impact on our industry. We achieve this by working in an agile environment with a focus on innovation and teamwork.
The Nederlander Organization and Broadway Direct are committed to a workplace where everyone is free from bias, prejudice, discrimination, and harassment. The organization strives to ensure a welcoming work environment where everyone belongs and is valued, encouraged & respected for their unique contributions. We are focused on building a culture that acknowledges and values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. As such, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization.
To that end, our hiring process is objective, and we have all candidates go through the same initial screening experience by completing the Bryq assessment which is a twenty-minute online bias-free assessment which enables us to screen candidates based only on the job requirements. Upon applying for this position, all candidates will be sent an assessment which must be completed in order to be considered for the role.
The Content Assistant will support the Broadway Direct Digital team. The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Pitching and creating web and social content. This can include writing news pieces, features, social posts, and/or creating graphics.
- Building, proofing, and deploying emails.
- Providing general administrative support to the Digital team: scheduling, filing, invoicing, industry relations, etc.
- Vetting Broadway Direct online properties to ensure accuracy and functionality.
- Maintaining email, editorial, and social calendars and participating in weekly editorial meetings.
- Assisting with the implementation, monitoring, and reporting on email and social media campaigns.
- Assisting with customer service inquiries.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent and creative written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (especially Excel), basic HTML, Photoshop, Canva, WordPress, social media platforms. Mac proficiency preferred. ESP experience a bonus.
- Acute attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage several projects at once is required.
- Proficiency in working independently and self-starting within the context of a collaborative team.
- Passion for Broadway and live events marketing.
Salary & Hours
- Annual starting salary range = $35,000 - $45,000. Starting salary commensurate with experience
- A regular work week is 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm ET.
- A desktop computer will be provided in the office. Remote work is not permitted unless approved by Senior Management.
- A standard company confidentiality agreement/NDA is required.
After three (3) months of full-time employment:
- Group Medical and limited Dental Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance,
- 401 (k) Savings Plan
- Long Term Care
Powered by JazzHR