Company: COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The Job: The Clinical Lab Assistant maintains high proficiency in specimen processing, including: phlebotomy, specimen collection, receiving both patient and POV (NPL) lab specimens into the lab, competently verifies all required patient and sample information is correctly labeled, that received manual requisition forms contain all required fields..
Work Schedule: Full Time
Location: Community Hospital
- Provide high quality, patient-centered customer service and care.
- Locate and properly identify patient specimens, method of collection, labeling.
- Locate all applicable orders. Clarify or locate missing information as needed.
- Proper specimen handling, processing, micro culture set-up & gram stain.
- Provide BAT's and UDS's following proper collection and chain of custody procedures.
- Provide immediate processing of STAT requests, and announce STAT's to Technologists, CLA Leads, Section Leads and Supervisors until acknowledged.
- Coordinate with nursing & medical staff including other departments to help define and expedite accurate processing of all lab services.
- Monitor supplies inventory and rotate stock. Re-stock trays and draw rooms after use when performing phlebotomy draws.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Other additional medical training or experience preferred (e.g. Medical Assistant (MA), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), previous experience as a CLA).
This position's pay range is: $13.22 to $18.51 per hour, depending on education and experience.
Discretionary bonuses, relocation expenses, merit increases, market adjustments, recognition bonuses and other forms of discretionary compensation may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance.
Employees are eligible to participate in an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, education assistance, 403(b) with employer matching, and more. Eligibility is based on employment status. Details regarding specific benefit you may be eligible for will be discussed during the hiring process.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
Powered by JazzHR