The Bedford Center:
The Bedford Center is an Adult Day Health Care facility located a short 15 minutes from Highway 680 just off Highway 4. Our center provides a fun, safe and healthy day care setting for adults with disabilities and complex medical condition on a daily basis from 9:30-3:00 Monday through Friday. Our PT works as part of a very strong Inter-Disciplinary Team (IDT) comprised of a RN, OT, RD, Social Worker and Activity Coordinators to ensure proper treatment plans are created, followed and updated on a regular basis.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Provide an assessment, establish a treatment plan based on the assessment, schedule and perform treatment.
- Modify treatment plans based on subsequent reevaluations or with any changes of status.
- Select evaluation and treatment methods appropriate to the participant’s physical and emotional status, diagnosis, and age group to formulate an appropriate care plan.
- Provide muscle, nerve joint and functional ability tests; treatment to relieve pain, develop or restore function; assistance to achieve and maintain maximum performance.
- Provide educational information about physical therapy, injury prevention, ergonomics and ways to a promote health to participants and staff.
- Develop activities for the general maintenance programs. Review and make changes as needed.
- Report on progress of participants by preparing and maintaining accurate participant records, complete assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, IPC’s and discharge summaries.
- In cooperation with other staff members, develop and implement in-service training programs for Center staff.
- Participate as a member of the multidisciplinary team (MDT).
- Current Physical Therapy (PT) license and at least one year's experience in a rehabilitation or home health setting within the past five years.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care primarily to the frail and/or elderly populations including people with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Knowledge of Title 22 regulations helpful.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged standing and may require lifting participants or repositioning participants. You will need strength and stamina to do the job. Job also requires sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to move a patient's body and provide therapeutic exercise. Additionally, you must be able to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, other office equipment as well as a motor vehicle.
- Requires normal range of hearing, eyesight, speech.
- Requires excellent command of the English language to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports and to communicate with employees, outside agencies, and other necessary bodies face to face, by telephone, and by written communication.
Here at Choice In Aging we are working hard to "promote dignity and independence of people with disabilities and special needs" by removing barriers to independence. In order to accomplish this task, we need an administrative team to support all the outreach, advocacy and organization required.
Choice In Aging is one of the oldest and most innovative providers of coordinated health and social services for frail seniors and others with disabilities in the Bay Area. We provide comprehensive, coordinated, culturally appropriate long-term health and social services to some of the Bay Area's most vulnerable frail seniors and other adults with disabilities, to help them age in place and prevent more costly health care interventions such as emergency room visits, hospitalizations and premature nursing home placement.
More information can be found about Adult Day Health Care at #removed# See #removed# for information about The Mt Diable Center and The Bedford Center. The Mt. Diablo Center and The Bedford Center are programs of Choice in Aging. Choice in Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Role: Physical Therapist - PT - Elder Care
Apply for this job now.