The purpose of this role is to:
- To develop technical solutions to support infrastructure, including the network and telephony estate.
- To provide efficient and high quality support for clinicians and administrative support staff to ensure effective use of infrastructure systems.
- To contribute to making complex leading edge technology simple for staff to use.
The post holder will need to be available on call to support users and will be required to develop new processes and policies to support the network and telephony infrastructure. You will be expected to be the team expert in network and telephony systems ensuring best practices are applied to configuration and implementation of specialised solutions.
Support the planning, improvement and delivery of Infrastructure systems, equipment and services to provide secure, accurate information, using project management skills and methodology and with user/stakeholder engagement; managing multiple projects that have conflicting priorities that need resolution.
Support telephony solutions for the business. This will involve fault finding across a range of hardware platforms - sometimes remotely with users via Infrastructure. Solving complex configuration issues with 3rd Party suppliers within limited timescales in order to meet project deadlines. Dealing with frustrated users and suppliers on a daily basis. Options for the post holder are to use initiative, ask for more information from user or supplier, consult technical manuals and white papers, use internet forums. The post holder will need to resolve issues that need immediate assistance as their need to access critical clinical information is in real time.
- Coordinate the procurement, maintenance, upgrading and operating costs of Infrastructure systems where applicable to support best value for money.
- Coordinate the procurement, upgrading and operating costs of non-central network infrastructure, and liaise for technical support during network issues.
- Support on Infrastructure projects and work packages that support better working and innovation, managing internal and external project staff, supplier and service contracts, producing appropriate project or performance documentation as required.
- Support on wider IT projects, and IT project work streams.
- Support the management of Infrastructure operational budgets and manage project budgets where applicable.
- Support the management of non-centrally managed Network infrastructure budgets
- Provide advice and information on Infrastructure matters to senior management.
- Lead and participate in local and regional meetings and events, as appropriate or other activities relevant to the role.
- Deputise for the Infrastructure manager as required.
- Where applicable this post will include recruitment, mentoring, appraisal, work load management, leave, performance, disciplinary, grievance issues and expense authorisation of contractors or substantive staff.
- The Infrastructure Technician maintains and supports Infrastructure equipment and services.
- The post holder will be required to take part in an on call Rota providing out of hours IT support.
To be successful, you will have the following:
- Strong skills in system architecture design for telephone and mobile phones.
Strong skills in system architecture design for switches and associated infrastructure.
Technical Knowledge of phone technologies, for example, Mobiles, Call routing, ISDX VOIP etc.
- Advanced I.T. skills in, Switches, UPS, telephony and mobile phone technology - including the ability to build and configure complex systems.
Prince2 (Overview/Foundation) or equivalent (desirable).