Responsible for learning and applying what is learned in all aspects of the Mill Operators. To set up rolls, tables and beds required for processing of the product, general labor duties as assigned.
- Work involves simple tasks routine and somewhat physical in nature, requiring care in the use of hammers, torches, handling of cobbles, as well as assisting in set-ups and roll/stand changes.
- Remove cobbles, cut to required length and place into scrap boxes.
- Remove scrap from shear pits and scale from scale pits.
- Assist crew in mill changeovers, roll replacements, and adjustments; as well as assisting in building up stands and roll set-ups as assigned.
- Participate in preventive maintenance such as lubricating, changing fittings, hoses, and piping.
- Perform sample checks and general housekeeping duties in and around the production area, picking up scrap and/or shoveling scale, and cleaning up the production area of debris.
- Clean scale out of furnace as required or directed.
- Cross-train on Mill Attendant duties.
Must be able to work rotating shifts and rotating days.
To help as many people as possible to find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible to find good people.
Role: Mill Operator
Apply for this job now.