Role: Senior DevOps Engineer
Rate: £600/day (Umbrella)
Duration: 6 Months
CV Deadline: 28th June
We have a tight-knit team developing and supporting a government-backed service responsible for publicising, managing, and distributing over 7 billion pounds of research and innovation funding a year. We have a superb opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to drive our cloud hosting strategy at a senior level and work on projects using modern technology stacks. You will help accelerate the delivery of business-critical applications using the appropriate cloud-hosted infrastructure. To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Azure / AWS Cloud hosting
- Linux and Windows
- Containerisation with Docker
- Scripting with python, bash
- CI/CD with Bamboo, Jenkins etc
- IaC with Terraform
- CM with Ansible, Chef etc
- Monitoring with New Relic, Splunk etc
- Problem Solving
The following skills are desirable.
- Clear and concise communication
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Ability to coach and mentor junior members of the team
We are offering a unique opportunity to join an organisation that will allow you to grow personally and professionally through the variety of work you will be involved with and the training you will be encouraged to take.
- Leading, supervising or line-managing the Dev Ops Team.
- Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack.
- Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so.
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems.
- Supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment.
- Have demonstrable experience configuring web and application servers and possess a fundamental understanding of Linux.
- Have a strong technical foundation in build, release and environments.
- Have advanced Programming skills. Building and supporting a large production platform.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on #removed#