At SquarePlanet, we believe in MAKING WAVES.
We believe in the power of great storytelling.
We also believe in the implicit power of a great story. And we know that a picture really is worth a thousand words. We think presentations are amazing opportunities, not tasks that undoubtedly suck the life out of a room.
SquarePlanet is on the prowl for a stellar Production Designer/Graphic Artist. You will be an integral part of a small, yet mighty team, with a mission to help visualize stories that make the complex simple, the ugly beautiful and the boring bold. We make presentations that matter. We produce conferences and events that engage and educate. We teach skills that elevate people and performances.
You should have a strong desire to follow our protocol and procedure. But, you're expected to speak up if you know a better way. You should be thrilled to jump in and help, knowing your greatest responsibility is actually to your fellow employees first.
Sometimes we work too many hours in a row. Sometimes we struggle to fill the idle time. Sometimes we work in cold ballrooms at large convention hotels in places like Las Vegas and Orlando. Sometimes we work at home, on a company-supplied laptop, in our PJ's. We work an honest day and we're not thrilled with results that are anything less than jaw-dropping.
You'd be a great candidate if the following list sounds like you:
1. You have experience working within a FAST-PACED design team. We're in search of someone who can help steer the ship, but is more than willing to take direction from other shipmates. We want speed and precision.
2. It's NON-NEGOTIABLE / mission critical for you to possess deep knowledge and skills in Adobe CC, PowerPoint, and Apple Keynote. Motion graphics knowledge is big. Very big. HUGE. REALLY HUGE.
3. You've been exposed to corporate meetings and events. The majority of the work we do is in direct support of conferences.
4. You can effectively communicate with team members and clients. That means a certain maturity and confidence. It means you are able to write a cogent email, speak on the phone professionally and carry yourself in-person like a true pro.
5. You know how to juggle. Lots of projects, lots of timelines. You need to be able to effectively divide and conquer assignments within the team, as well as collaborate on the overall creative of every project, all while being a self-starter that can problem solve.
6. Are you a slower learner? Need long hours to digest material for full comprehension? Is your spirit animal a desert tortoise? Does the mere notion of a crock-pot put a smile on your face? Yeah, you're gonna fail here, please don't apply.
7. Mistakes happen, after all you're human. (You ARE human, right?) It's how you recover that matters. We expect people to make BIG mistakes, not little ones.
8. You effectively utilize the biologically-driven ratio of two ears and one mouth. This means you listen more than you talk. Our founder is the notable exception to this rule and it is what it is.
9. Desire to join a company built around great culture and great work. SquarePlanet enjoys an enviable client list of world class brands that contract us to provide high-value work in a timely, professional manner. The expectation is that all employees fit that same mold.
10. You live or are ready to live in the Valley of the Sun. SquarePlanet's worldwide megaplex is located just off SR51 and Glendale Ave, in the geographic “center” of the valley. The expected norm is to work in the office on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Actual experience, think 3-5 years of relevant work experience as a Production Artist / Production Designer / Graphic Designer with a compelling portfolio you're excited to share
- Mac person, but capable in Windows
- Jedi master of Adobe CC applications plus PowerPoint and Keynote
- You don't smell like dirty shoes
- Willingness to travel on a somewhat-regular basis
Other Things You Need to Know
This job doesn't pay in BitCoin, Ripple or Ethereum...just plain ol' U.S. dollars.
We offer benefits like BCBS group health coverage, 401(k) and a whole bunch of days off in additional to paid vacation time.
Role: Graphic Designer
Apply for this job now.