Marken is a wholly owned subsidiary of the UPS Healthcare division. With Polar Speed and Marken included, the division staffs 128 locations with 5,500 employees worldwide. Marken maintains the leading position for Direct to Patient (DTP) and Home Health care (HHC) services, biological sample shipments and offers a state-of-the-art GMP-compliant depot network and logistic hubs in 56 locations worldwide for clinical trial product storage and distribution. Marken's dedicated 1,500 staff members manage 100,000 drug product and biological sample shipments every month at all temperature ranges in more than 220 countries.
As a Manager for Transportation you will be responsible for developing go-to-market strategy, market segmentation, readiness assessments, value-propositions, and sales enablement. Your role will lead in identifying industry and product cross-sell solution opportunities and the required materials, training, and narratives to enhance our commercial success and demand for our services. You will have to develop close working relationships with Airlines, Pricing Teams, and Product Management leadership, and be able to spend time in the field (5-10% travel) working with Branches & 3PL's, to develop and further our solutions & services.
The Regional Operations Manager, NORAM can be remote based with preference for candidates residing in the following locations: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Raleigh-Durham, Philadelphia or Chicago.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the defined carrier that is providing services including meeting with local carrier representatives (airlines) to discuss base transportation related issues, monitoring carrier performance, and reviewing current practice versus potential improvements by changing carrier mode or mix
- Stays current with market trends and supplier capabilities while demonstrating strategic thinking, transportation knowledge, and functional expertise
- Map lanes for select airfreight and ground routes. Develop working solutions based on quality and cost. Ability to identify risks within the supply chain and provide contingency routes
- Locate and introduce new and alternative sources of logistics providers to ensure quality and reliable transportation of goods and services at the optimal total cost
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Review systematic and operational processes in all areas of responsibility to streamline the operation, improve efficiencies, and cost structure
- Work with Quality for all LSP related issues. Ensure all agreed CAPA's have been implemented and are effective
- Ensure operational gross margin in areas of responsibilities, cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets are met or exceeded
- Ensure that transportation procedures, including routing parameters, offer cost-effective solutions that will drive profitability
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Capable of interacting effectively with all levels of personnel in a fast paced, just-in-time clinical trial logistics arena
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make sound decisions, multi-task, and prioritize, Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced level skills in MS Excel such as working with formulas, data tables, pivot charts, queries, custom functions, data management, and analysis
- A good understanding of airfreight, airlines and cold chain products each carrier has on offer.
- Be able to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and inter-company memos/outside correspondence
- Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
EEO & Veteran Employer