Selwood are leaders in Pump & Plant manufacture, rental and sales. We are passionate about our service offering with unrivalled expertise and are proud to deliver to our clients on a global platform.
With a foundation of 70 years within our industry, Selwood continues to be an innovative business responding to meet the needs of our clients with cutting edge approaches to customer service, product development, manufacture and service.
Our Pump Rental Solutions business units operates 21 branches Nationwide delivering 24 hour pumping solutions to our wide ranging customer base. Our passion for quality and service delivery mean our regional teams are the best in the business.About The Role
Our Pump Rental branch in Chandlers Ford are looking to welcome a Hire Controller to join the team.
Our Hire controllers are at the heart of our Pump Hire branches, this role will bring the individual into daily contact with Selwood stakeholders as well as our external client base.
This is a great opportunity for an individual to join our business and be supported by our branch team to learn and understand the day to day operations of Selwood.
This role requires the individual to be a confident self starter, who has the ability and willingness to learn and develop their skills. The role will require good communication skills both verbal and written correspondence as well as having the ability to use technology and Microsoft office. A background within Hire or within a similar industry is essential. This role is administration based.
Under the guidance of our Branch Manager, the role will be responsible for the following:
- To build a good working relationship with all customers, by telephone contact on weekly basis, to ensure that we are their first call when they have a requirement for hired pumps.
- To make arrangements and appointments for salesmen or representatives to visit the customer and to provide better details of our equipment and to examine their requirements.
- To understand the customer’s business and opportunities and to offer plant immediately available for hire, thereby maximising utilisation.
- To maximise the hiring of the Company’s assets in a manner that is efficient and effective.
- To liaise with all customers over the telephone on a regular basis and organise with Selwood staff for the delivery and collection of the equipment.
- To ensure that all paperwork and Company systems are adhered to.
What Selwood Can Offer You:
- Logistics – organising transport in a cost effective manner. Ensuring collections of equipment off-hired are collected within 48 hours. Deliveries are made to the customer when they are scheduled too.
- Ensuring that contract and other systems paperwork are correct and up to date. In-lieu contracts to be clearly identified and replaced immediately required equipment is available.
- Day book and Transport book is kept up to date and is entered correctly and those who are responsible carry out any follow-ups.
- Negotiated hire rates in accordance with price lists and discount policy as advised from time to time.
- Following Company procedures on pricing policy.
- Ensuring we maximise the effectiveness of Service Engineers.
- Through the Foreman if necessary, ensure that the workshop prepares equipment required to cover outstanding hire requirements.
- Liaising with other branches to ensure smooth running of the operation, thus avoiding duplication.
- To ensure that branch team members, drivers, fitters and Foreman raise correct charges for damages and losses. To liaise with customers to obtain their agreement to these charges.
- To ensure all sales leads at the branch are promptly communicated to the sales staff.
- To take ownership of customer problems and complaints, or to effectively transfer them to other members of the team who, in turn, will take ownership
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager to review prodturn reports in order to contact those customers no longer dealing with us. To be proactive at all times in developing business.
- To attend meetings in order to review the branch’s profitability and to accept responsibility for improving areas that are falling below the minimum set standards.
- To ensure all Company QHSE procedures are complied with.
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive salary, Pension scheme, 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Childcare vouchers and free onsite parking.This role covers Monday to Friday 40 hours a week.Selwood support the development and training of our staff and we will provide in house courses applicable to this position.
Role: Hire Controller
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Eastleigh, Hampshire, South East
Apply for this job now.