Under the direction of the Plant Manager, assist in the management of the production facility to meet sales requirements by supervising production personnel and quality assurance technicians.
- Ensure plant facilities and equipment are maintained to meet production schedules by assisting in training production personnel in preventive maintenance and establishing a preventive maintenance schedule.
- Recommend operating objectives, plans for the production facility to meet the plant's overall business goals. Report, as required, on the facility's performance against those objectives.
- Monitor safety programs to eliminate industrial accidents. Ensure that manufacturing supervisors hold regular safety meetings, monitor safety practices and their use of safety equipment.
- Hold regular quality meetings to ensure that all employees are well trained and aware of quality control measures and the quality of the product meets or exceeds Compnay standards, along with International Congress of Building Official (ICBO) and Universal Building Code (UBC).
- Review production schedules and plan raw material inventories to achieve those schedules.
- Ensure that all production personnel are trained by supervising appropriate training programs and discuss with the Plant Manager.
- Responsible for implementing and coordinating in conjunction with the Plant Manager Lean processes
- Manufacturing/Continuous Process Improvement programs and plant quality programs.
- Ensures that all production operation shift personnel are appropriately trained by partnering with Human Resources and Training Management, Plant Manager, and applicable functional departments. Monitors and assures that all annualized training requirements and/or certifications are completed on time.
- Conducts a comprehensive review of Process Improvement and Lean Manufacturing programs functions within the plant. In addition, develop and network to identify and promote the sharing of 'Best Practices”.
- Assist in conducting the formal and informal performance appraisals and hiring new employees
- All other duties as requested or assigned
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical or related Engineering, preferred but not required if sufficient equivalent experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Versed in training and development of exempt and non-exempt employees
- Excellent communication skills
- Participated in one or more of the following process improvement: Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Cost of Quality, Demand Flow Technology, JIT, TQM, ISO 9000-2000, Kaizen, 5S.
- Computer literate in Excel, Word and Power Point; SAP desirable.
Role: Production Manager
Apply for this job now.