General Warehouse Worker
Freestore Foodbank is hiring! We have an immediate opening for a General Warehouse Worker. This is a full-time position with competitive benefits and a robust health and wellness program.
Duties to include, but not limited to: picking orders, operating material handling equipment and keeping warehouse/inventory in a state of readiness. Must be able to communicate and work effectively with supervisors and other co-workers. May be required to drive a truck on occasion.
• Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pick, wrap, label, stage to ship).
• Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, upload, label, and store).
• Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits.
• Optimize space utilization.
• Reporting order discrepancies.
• Communicate and cooperate with Team Leaders and coworkers.
• Operate and maintain preventive warehouse vehicles and equipment.
• Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Proven work experience as a warehouse worker.
• Proficiency in inventory software, database and systems.
• Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to lift heavy objects.
• Forklift and material handling equipment experience a MUST.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Prior warehouse or distribution experience helpful.
Desired Warehouse Worker Skills:
Teamwork, Coordination, Organization, Planning, Time Management, Good Communications Skills , Map Reading, Reporting Skills, Inventory Control, Documentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Data Entry, Dependability and the ability to represent Freestore Foodbank in a positive manner.
Freestore Foodbank is one of Ohio’s largest food banks. We distribute 20 million meals annually through a network of about 250 community partner agencies serving 20 counties in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Our mission is to provide food and services, create stability, and further self-reliance for people in crisis.
Freestore Foodbank is one of Ohio’s largest food banks. We distribute 27 million meals annually through a network of 400 community partners serving 20 counties in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Our mission is to provide food and services, create stability, and further self-reliance for people in crisis.
Role: General Warehouse Worker
Apply for this job now.