Food Production Operative - Packer
Shifts: 6am-2:15pm OR 3pm-11pm OR 11pm-6am
Rate of Pay; £8.76 AM Shift
PM £4 shift allowance/ Nights £6 shift allowance
Shift allowance is paid upon completion of the full shift
Location; Sharston, Wythenshawe
***Please note this is a TEMP-PERM vacancy for the right candidates***
Proman are recruiting on behalf of our client based in the Sharston area of Wythenshawe. The client specialises in the production of frozen meals and there are numerous vacancies available at this industry leading client. Access to canteen facilities and free car parking are also available at this client.
- Working on production lines you will complete various tasks including putting frozen ready meals into sleeves
- Check product quality, seals on trays, information on sleeves etc.
- Assist with ensuring that the production plan is delivered on a daily basis by following instructions
- Complete daily quality checks including metal detection and weight checks
- Some roles will require completion of paperwork
- Products will also need labelling correctly
- Ensure all waste is minimised
- Maintain high housekeeping standards and 'clean as you go'
- Liaise with other departments where necessary
Roles may involve pulling and pushing weights of up to 190k (Batching, cooking, cooling and servicing the line in High Care.
Roles may involve lifting weights of up to 20k
- Good communication skills and ability to work as a team
- Being able to perform repetitive tasks
- Proactively work with and provide support and assistance to supervisors and other members of the team
- A reasonable standard of numeracy and literacy as the position would involve paperwork
- To recognise, challenge and raise concerns to managers / supervisors if there is an issue with the product or machinery
- Basic awareness of quality control methods
- Experience of a production operative preferably in a fast-paced food environment
- Some roles involve a level of IT proficiency which would be an advantage
If you feel like this is the role for you, please send your CV via this portal.