COMPANY: RYDER REID LEGAL LIMITED
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Our client, a highly successful US law firm, is recruiting an HR Manager to join their team in London. This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced HR Advisor who is looking for the next step up the career ladder. Reporting into the HR Director EMEA, the HR Manager will be responsible for the full scope of HR support for lawyers and staff in the London office, and will assist the HR Director with EMEA projects.
Key responsibilities for the HR Manager will include:
- Employee Relations: Managing disciplinary and grievance procedures, advising on policies, staying abreast of UK legislative changes
- Performance Management: Coordinating the support staff evaluation, conducting performance management process for legal secretaries
- Support Staff Recruitment: Reviewing job descriptions, liaising with agencies, screening CVs, conducting interviews, oversee hiring of temporary staff, drafting contracts
- Payroll: Accountable for payroll for London, Dubai, Ireland and Johannesburg offices, liaising with Global Payroll Manager on monthly/year end administration
- Compensation & Benefits: Reconcile monthly pension payments and administration for the firms' staff pension, administering the salary review and bonus processes
- General Management: Leading London secretarial meetings, coordinating the London headcount budget, SRA practice certificate renewal, ensuring HR data accurate in HRIS
The ideal candidate for the HR Manager position will have a Bachelor's degree, and preferably be CIPD qualified. You must be a strong HR generalist and have people management experience. Experience within the Legal sector is strongly preferred. You must have an operational knowledge of UK employment law, the ability to interact at all levels, and strong communication skills. You will be able to multitask and meet deadlines under pressure, be an effective problem solver and have a flexible hands-on attitude. If you meet this criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal for immediate consideration.