**2nd and 3rd shifts available with shift differential pay**
Repairs and maintains production machinery and mechanical equipment such as, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines and equipment performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Be knowledgeable on all equipment on can lines, presses, slitting, and lithography so as to have the ability to set up, adjust, repair, operate, and maintain all of the equipment within a proficient time frame.
- Be knowledgeable and proficient in adjustment and repair of all line support equipment such as tape machines, strappers, stretch wrappers, jet printers, conveyors, labelers.
- Check quality of units being produced and take remedial action to correct quality problems.
- Recommend any necessary repairs or improvements to equipment to the Production Manager.
- Work with Machinist and Electricians personnel on major breakdowns, overhaul work and equipment installations/projects.
- Training operators and apprentices as required.
- Be willing to work the hours necessary to accomplish job requirements and demonstrate consistent dependability.
- Must be able to communicate in a positive manner with all co-works, contractors, vendors and visitors.
- Complete all necessary QC forms, work orders and reports in an accurate and complete manner utilizing eMaint, Factory Track and email.
- Will follow Company personnel and food product safety requirements including standards such as SQF and internal GMPs.
- Must follow proper handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste in accordance with State and Federal laws.
- Complete all assigned and implied task while following the Core Values of Independent Can Company is a key to success in this position.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from a college or technical school: or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read in English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees in the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have completed journeyman training requirement as required by the Company or similar training elsewhere. Must possess a valid State issued driver’s license, which meets Company requirements of the Fleet Management Policy and insurance requirements Must be certified in CPR; basic first aid and fully trained in Lockout/Tagout requirements.
Independent Can Company is THE LEADING, rapidly growing SPECIALTY can manufacturing company with six locations across the U.S. We develop, design, manufacture and sell packaging related products that merge structural and design requirements that meet our customers expectations and enhance their brand development. To learn more, please visit us at #removed#
Apply for this job now.