About ZDS Design/Consulting Services
ZDS Design/Consulting Services is an innovative mechanical and electrical engineering firm based in Saint Albans, WV working within the USA. Visit our website.
Our firm is seeking experienced and highly capable self-starting Mechanical Designers to join our office team ideally with goals of becoming a professional engineer and project leader.
The Mechanical Designer will briefly:
Perform HVAC, Fire Protection and plumbing design with minimal supervision to high quality standards while mentoring under experienced Professional Engineers for Commercial, Educational and Institutional building design. Coordinate Mechanical equipment’s electrical requirements effectively to other team members.
Key Responsibilities (not to be inclusive of all responsibilities):
Mechanical, energy efficient HVAC, Fire Protection, and Plumbing design
- Experienced in Drawing/Modelling in current REVIT software while demonstrating strong computer skills and understanding of technical data required for REVIT
- Utilize point clouds in the development of Scan to BIM
- Create coordination reports and clash detection via Navisworks
- HVAC load calculations utilizing gbXML
- HVAC and Plumbing Calculations
- Perform Building Energy Simulations
- Maintain a thorough understanding of applicable building codes, standards and procedures
- Perform general office tasks (i.e. Microsoft Office proficient in Word, Excel, database, PDF editor)
- Contribute to team efforts, continuous professional skill development to build upon our innovative energy efficient design for buildings.
- Conduct business with a positive work attitude
- Provide a high level of customer satisfaction to clients
- Conduct site visits to review as-built conditions
- Attend design and/or construction meetings interacting on a professional level
- Successfully communicate and coordinate with Architects, Contractors, and other Design Team members
- Demonstrate strong verbal and technical writing skills
- Support Construction Administration, both in office and job site while mentoring under experienced professionals
- Perform HVAC commissioning activities with experience in DDC controls design and application.
- Perform other duties as assigned and as required.
Demonstrated ability to perform key responsibilities listed above
Over 3 years of experience as a mechanical designer conducting the duties listed above.
Thorough understanding of mechanical, HVAC, and plumbing design for commercial buildings.
Ability to design, draft and observe construction for all aspects of HVAC and plumbing.
Ability to work productively in a collaborative work environment.
Valid Driver’s License is required.
Degree in related field is preferred.
Former or current ASHRAE society experience is desirable.
ZDS Design/Consulting Services offers competitive wages and benefits package. Offer may be contingent upon passing substance abuse and/or other pre-employment and security screenings and completion of company employment application forms.
Job Type: Full-time salaried
- Mechanical Design: over 3 years
Founded in 1994 and celebrating our 25th Anniversary this year, ZDS Design/Consulting Services is a family owned/operated MEP Engineering Design Firm located near Charleston, West Virginia. ZDS provides comprehensive professional services for Planning/Feasibility Studies, HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical design, Indoor Environmental Quality, Energy Engineering, and Commissioning. ZDS has extensive commercial, governmental, and educational experience in 24 states and have provided professional mechanical and electrical engineering consulting/commissioning services for educational facilities across the country, the State of West Virginia and Federal agencies. In fact, ZDS is very proud of the fact that MANY schools in West Virginia that were designed by ZDS were all awarded EPA’s 2018 Energy Star® Certification, which signifies that each of these buildings performs in the top 25 percent of similar facilities nationwide for energy efficiency and meets strict energy efficiency performance levels set by the EPA.
The ZDS team is made up of seasoned professionals who have dedicated their careers to engineering design excellence and quality is our number one goal. We pride ourselves in having the most up to date state of the art technology to provide our clients the very best possible services. We offer a COMPLETE package to our clients. We start with our client as the number one member on our team and listen to their needs and concerns to establish the basis for our services. ZDS works with all levels of the client’s staff: the building owner, budget supervisor, operating and maintenance staff and others impacted by the project. We find that proper communication benefits the client throughout the design process and beyond.
ZDS believes in the team approach and are looking for additional team members to help us grow into the future. Since we are a family owned/operated firm you will not feel like just one of many employees. Our working environment is that of a family and we listen to each employee’s needs. ZDS Design/Consulting Services offers competitive wages and benefits package. We hope that you will consider becoming a part of our team as we are thriving and ready to excel expectations in the engineering services industry.
Role: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Saint Albans,
Apply for this job now.