JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: £35000 - £50000/annum
Mechanical Design Engineer
£35,000 - £45,000 (D.O.E.)
My client specialises within the machine tool industry, offering a range of services from technical support to retrofit and rebuild of high end CNC machines. By providing outstanding service they are now a “go to service” for many of the UK`s leading OEM`s within the Aerospace, Automotive, Defence and Oil Gas sectors.
Due to substantial growth, success and investment my client is urgently looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Retrofit Rebuild team based in the North West.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a solid background in mechanical design of heavy machinery, ideally CNC Machine Tools however this is not essential.
Working in the Rebuild Retrofit department, the projects will vary in size and complexity £50,000 to £1,000,000 across many industry sectors including, aerospace, automotive and defence.
The type of projects normally undertaken are as follows:
- Mechanical refurbishments, focussing on large, heavy duty or specialist machinery
- Conventional electrical/electronic retrofits
- Redesign and replacement of axis drive systems converting to profiled guideway systems
- Specialist design of high precision systems
Your responsibilities within each project will be:
- Mechanical design of machine tool elements and reverse engineering of parts
- Project management
- Liaising with customers to discuss their project requirements
- Creating and maintaining project documentation including, technical drawings, bill of materials, timing plans, progress reports etc
- Part procurement
- Preparation of technical and commercial quotations
- Assisting with maintaining departmental profitability
- Performing other related duties as assigned
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to join an expanding company that will allow you to develop and play a key role in the highly technical design and manufacturing team.
To apply for this position please email with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Lee Geldart via the listed details