Company: NORTHPOINT STAFFING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Well established NJ based union shop excavation contractor seeks a strong superintendent to add to their team.
Ideal candidate will assist the General Superintendent in planning and evaluating all areas of commercial excavation (site grading, rough and fine grading, sanitary sewer, storm drainage, utility work (water, gas, electric, telecom), foundation excavation, site demolition, mass excavation) and supervision of field laborers and heavy equipment operators
Required Professional Skills:
- Working knowledge of skilled trades including site excavation and utility work
- Proficient in reviewing and understanding construction documents including specifications and civil drawings, MEP drawings a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of submittals and shop drawings
- Ability to fully understand the grading process on a project
- Confident in placing a detailed pipe order with required fittings (i.e. water pipe, fittings, megalug kits, valves, fire hydrants)
- Ability to use a lenker rod and read elevations and % of pitch on pipe
- Identify and address issues or lack of scope during all construction phases.
- Participate in development in final review of scope, buy-out, and scheduling.
- Supervise labor operations to ensure compliance with contract.
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors.
- Manage owner, landlord, city/state procedural requirements to avoid project delays and ensure project safety and client satisfaction.
- Conduct routine quality control inspections.
- Demonstrate commitment to an injury-free work environment through own actions and mentoring others.
- Exceed client expectations for each project by understanding client needs, wants, preferences and culture.
- Demonstrate and maintain effective and open dialogue with the project team regarding changes in work, job conditions, subcontractor relations and any deviation in the direction of the project.
- Supervise punch list process to ensure all are addressed and executed in a timely manner allowing.
- Ability to work with union labor crews
- Minimum of 8-10 years of on-site construction experience
Required Additional Skills:
- Self-motivated and a positive attitude with the desire to deliver exceptional results on-time for our clients
- Drive construction progress ensure quality control and maintain a safe and clean job site.
- Strong professional communication and supervision skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities.
- Delegates work appropriately.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Experience in managing, training and developing workforce.
- Experienced at managing projects utilizing Project Management Software- MSProject, Excel, Procore etc.
- Ability to utilize iPad technology for daily reports, logs, photos, emails.
- Extensive background and knowledge of safety procedures including federal and state regulations.
- Experience in all facets of OSHA 10 30 40 compliance.
- Active valid drivers licenses including a clean driving record
Job locations: Field based in Union NJ and job sites within 30 minutes from field base (Garwood, NJ, Hackensack, NJ, Kearny, NJ, Lyndhurst, NJ)