Position Overview: The LPN will assist the Registered Nurse with the nursing process and with individual patients and groups of patients to assist in meeting their physiological, psychological, safety and general health needs.
Impact and influence: works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
Decision-making: makes good decisions based on sound understanding and evaluation of relevant information; gathers information and involves others as appropriate
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Assess the Physiological and Behavioral Health Status of the patient.
- Completes initial assessment and develops the plan of care.
- Recognizes reports and acts upon reports of deviation in diagnostic studies.
- Accurately assesses and documents vital signs.
- Communicates and documents client’s psychosocial status.
- Collaborates with treatment team to include ancillary departments in order to determine appropriate treatment/discharge plan.
- Assists the client in understanding the nature of the disease of addiction and the need for treatment.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and patients.
- Tests for vital signs of pain and ensures treatment of pain.
- Completes necessary documentation as required by organization Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains accurate records and documentation of patient treatments, immunizations, and laboratory results according to standard medical recordkeeping.
- Follows established policies and procedures for verification of narcotic counts
- Administers medications according to organization policy.
- Verifies the MAR for correct medication and administration times.
- Monitors behavioral changes which may be related to medication administration.
- Provides courteous, high quality service to patients and members of the public by responding to requests for service or making appropriate referrals in a timely manner.
- State Registered Practical Nursing license required.
- One year of experience in a behavioral hospital is desirable, but incumbent may be a recent graduate; phlebotomy skills preferred.
- Knowledge of health care, detoxification process, addiction, co-occurring disorders and DSM Criteria.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
GENETWORx was formed with patients as our central focus, translating the latest scientific findings into actionable knowledge and information for patients and their healthcare providers. We enable healthcare practitioners to provide targeted therapy to patients, based on their individual genetic profile.
21st-century technology has led to next-generation sequencers and mapping of the human genome. Several new fields have emerged from this technology including gene base therapy, and the advent of a branch of pharmacology driven by genetic testing: pharmacogenomics.
Pharmacogenomics is a science that examines the inherited variations in genes that dictate drug response. This science explores the ways these variations can be used to optimize drug therapy by assisting in drug selection, maximizing efficacy, and minimizing adverse effects.GENETWORx is a health management service company that specializes in bringing the benefits of genetic testing to the patient, via a network of healthcare providers who are knowledgeable about personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics.
Our core values:
Personalized patient-centric care
Translating science into actionable intelligence
Supporting doctors and pharmacists in their delivery of top-quality Personalized Medicine
Enabling cost-effective health care
Preserving patient privacy
The College of American Pathology (CAP) accreditation is the gold standard awarded to clinical laboratories that exceed inspection qualifications and ensures a consistent level of service that positively impacts patient care. GENETWORx is both CAP-accredited and certified according to the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) for clinical processing of swab samples for genotyping of drug-metabolizing enzymes as well as bleeding risk factors. Achieving the CAP accreditation combined with the CLIA certification demonstrates GENETWORx’s unwavering commitment to patient care. Clinicians ordering our assays can have confidence that the results received are of the highest quality possible.
Role: LPN Full-time Nights 7p-7a
Apply for this job now.