Perch is creating the next generation Consumer Products company by becoming the first technology-based scale operator of top eCommerce microbrands. Microbrands selling through marketplaces like Amazon are already transforming global retail - Amazon's 3rd party marketplace alone was $300B in 2020. Perch is disrupting and accelerating this space by acquiring great brands and making them even better. We look for successful, profitable businesses that sell top-ranked products with differentiated customer feedback. The Perch platform integrates those businesses into a scale operating company and accelerates the products to the next level of sales and profitability. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon and other retail channels by offering exceptional products, great customer service, and great value.
Central to our growth ambitions is the ability to rapidly build the Perch Platform is our ability to develop a scalable financial reporting infrastructure that provides transparency for all stakeholders and partners with the organization to drive change. We are looking for a talented Senior Accounting Manager to help lead the development of a world-class finance function that supports the organization's long-term objectives.
The Senior Accounting Manager is a senior leadership position within Perch, reporting to the VP of Finance and working closely with the executive team. This position is responsible and accountable for leading the financial controls and transactional financial operations function. The Senior Accounting Manager also collaborates with the Strategic Finance Team on budgeting, forecasting, treasury, and business partnering efforts. The Senior Accounting Manager will directly contribute to the team achieving its objectives, including:
- Deliver best-in-class financial and management reporting with strong month-end close process
- Implement and maintain effective, efficient, and compliant accounting systems, processes, and controls to enable the provision of accurate, timely, and complete financial and management reporting, cash flow / treasury, and taxation management
- Working collaboratively, partner with the business and key stakeholders through the provision of quality and timely financial advice and support to enable effective decision making and maintain compliance with US GAAP
- Drive optimal business performance by identifying and implementing improvement and efficiency opportunities and ensuring efficient financial integration for new acquisitions
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial projections
- Support sound accounts payable and accounts receivable services
- Help manage aspects of technical accounting and annual audit cycle
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and driven professional to help lead the finance function. The ideal candidate will have a track record of dealing with ambiguity and starting from scratch (whether in an entrepreneurial environment or building new things within a larger organization). They will be motivated by an opportunity to break the mold and ride the edge between speed and scalability.
The following key attributes and skills:
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills and be comfortable driving change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to confidently use technology and systems
- Excellent analytical skills and commercial acumen
- Able to manage to themselves, a team, and external resources to deadlines
- Strong organizational planning skills incorporating the ability to meet competing priorities
- Experience in Transformation or Six Sigma Certification is a big plus
- A collaborative business partnering function
- Managing high performing team of accountants alongside highly qualified professionals
- Must have a working knowledge of personnel, finance, and accounting systems to oversee financial and accounting activities. Systems implementation experience is preferred.
- Experienced with US GAAP report and international accounting standards, with an ability to interpret and communicate complex and technical information to individuals with non-finance related backgrounds
- Technical accounting implementation
- A blend of broad business experience with exposure to complex inventory and supply chain and highly acquisitive organizations
Tertiary qualifications including:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CA / CPA or equivalent qualification would be a plus
- Big Four audit experience preferred
Perch is one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in Boston. Perch acquires and develops great ecommerce brands. We are backed by amazing investors (SoftBank, Spark Capital, Tectonic Ventures, and Boston Seed). Our team has deep expertise in ecommerce, technology, and M&A. We are disrupting one of the largest and most exciting spaces of ecommerce and are building an industry-shaping platform. Our aim is to have a workplace and company that positively impacts the lives of others, including our employees, their families, the entrepreneurs and vendors we work with, and our end customers.
Perch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR