Teaching Personnel are looking for a dynamic teaching assistant to work at one of our client SEN Schools starting September. This friendly SEN school is found in the centre of Cardiff, and it caters for children who have a diagnosis of Autism or co-existing conditions including ADHD, learning difficulties, downs-syndrome, epilepsy and/or Mental Health Difficulties.
The school is renowned for the inclusive education it offers to all pupils, no matter their ability, expecting all students to make progress. It provides the support and structures in which pupils can do so, and as a SEN Teaching Assistant you will be assisting in this.
Candidate Profile - The Ideal Candidate
- Must be reliable.
- Can work in a team.
- Will have experience with children with SEN. Professional or personal.
- Have experience with SEN in a school or a support working environment.
- Should be able to empathise with their pupils and be able to set a good example.
- Supporting the teaching and learning of SEN pupils across the school, working with struggling pupils.
- Supporting pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
- Helping them meet their potential through smaller booster groups and 1:1 sessions.
- Working closely with the SENCO to monitor and advance developments in both academic and social areas.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior experience or a passion for working with SEN children desirable.
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year - CPD Training can be provided.
For more information, please get in touch with Matt our SEN Specialist on #removed# or click on the "apply now" button below.