To deliver aggressive global revenue and profit growth by leading the development and execution of a New Product Introduction strategy that meets or exceeds revenue and profit targets defined by Senior Management. This person will manage the Rotating Electric team and develop highly productive processes that
1) Identify, source and introduce new products
2) Manage existing product lifecycle
3) Launch new products into the company's vertical markets
4) Expand our product offerings for global market
Additionally, will assist in delivering an exceptional customer experience, brand development, trade show attendance, and product line planning as appropriate.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
Lead, coach, and guide assigned team of reports to successfully perform the following functions:
New Product Development
- Research profitable and strategic new parts for AEP brands
- Maintain and grow existing product lines through introduction of new SKUs that address gaps in coverage through:
- Targeted research using specified analytical tools available
- Reviewing competitor product offerings
- Working with other AEP companies to identify products in other business
- Lead introduction of new, complementary product lines existing in the Automotive, Power Sports, Agriculture, Industrial, Heavy Duty and OPE electric replacement part markets
- Establish timeline and execute to action plans for the release of new products
- Work with Supply Chain and suppliers to drive timely release of new parts. Address need for new suppliers and qualification as appropriate.
- Assist Marketing in various activities required to support new product launches
- Define key features and benefits of products to aid promoting new products
- Provide key product cross references to support eCommerce and Catalog teams
- Provide training to the tech service and sales teams
Planning, Forecasting, and Continuous Improvement
- Clearly communicate new projects in terms of total investment, profitability and potential risk.
- Properly balance resource time between resourcing projects and NPD
- Continuously maintain product roadmaps in standard format for immediate, 2-year, and 5-year timelines
- Onboard, release, and establish growth plans for existing AEP brands and product lines as required
- Stay current with industry trends and products through event attendance, online forums, product groups, etc.
- Aid NPD process development efforts as required
- Streamline the process to research, define, and release new products
- Assist in the development of corporate-wide NPD product release process
- Aid in the definition of standard work and document direction for imaging and cataloging best practices as required
- Ability to document work instruction of quality inspection and qualification of new product
- Ensure the coverage of the entire product life cycle from introduction to obsolescence
The ideal candidate will also exhibit these competencies
- Entrepreneurial spirit willing to take calculated risks to achieve growth goals
- Collaborative team player that works cross functionally to insure successful launch of new products, consistent quality and delivery of product, and exceptional customer experience.
- Strong understanding of Product Management disciplines and best-in-class practices that facilitate rapid business growth
- Ability to provide guidance and direction for assigned team
- Manage and correct staff performance through
- Regular individual feedback and annual performance reviews
- Regular communication of team metrics relative to expectations
- Customer Focus
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Works with minimal supervision ability to seek answers to questions
- Accountable for delivering results focus on required outcomes
- Can establish meaningful and relevant development plans for self and team
- Strong attention to detail
- Scheduled supplier visits
- Travel to other Corporate facilities
- Customer visits as needed
- Industry Trade Shows, as well as both Distributor and Industry Events
- Microsoft Office Suite (strong skills preferred)
- Familiarity with PIM and ERP system business applications
- Agility and Netsuite knowledge a plus
- ERP reporting skills desirable
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge of vehicle electrical products such as (but not limited to): alternators, starters, DC motors, and their parts, lighting & safety systems, etc.
- Working knowledge of quality management systems
- Degree in Business Mgt, Marketing, or Engineering (MBA beneficial but not mandatory)
- Product development experience required
- Previous management experience required
- Experience working with international teams
- Strong understanding of electrical aftermarket replacement parts industry desirable
- Knowledge how distribution and dealer networks operate
- eCommerce experience desired
Arrowhead Engineered Products (Arrowhead) is a global distributor of non-discretionary, mission critical, aftermarket replacement parts for a wide variety of motorized vehicles. Arrowhead offers thousands of non-discretionary parts, including starters, clutches, driveline components, alternators, suspension parts, gaskets and other components to over 10,000 customers in many different markets including: powersports, agricultural and industrial, outdoor power equipment, marine, golf, automotive and heavy-duty truck. For over 46 years, Arrowhead's broad product base and industry-leading customer service has attracted a large and diverse customer base, generating repeatable and predictable profitability and growth.
Arrowhead, headquartered in Blaine, MN, is a multi-unit organization with both domestic and foreign subsidiaries, including multiple distribution centers in North America, Europe, and sourcing offices in China, India and Taiwan. Arrowhead employs over 700 people and has completed numerous acquisitions expanding both its product offering and geographic reach. In August 2015, Arrowhead was purchased by Riverside, a private equity firm, and subsequently has closed on additional acquisitions to continue its strategic growth plan. In addition, Arrowhead has begun a two-year implementation plan of a consolidated world-wide ERP system (NetSuite) to strategically operate all its businesses on one ERP platform.
Strategically, together with a strong management team, the plan is to actively seek acquisitions both domestically and globally and continue to grow organically at an aggressive double-digit rate.
Role: Manager of Product Management - Rotating Electric
Apply for this job now.