Pinsent Masons LLP are currently looking to recruit an Oil and Gas Lawyer with 0-5 years' PQE to join the Projects Group in our Aberdeen office.
Energy is one of the firm's key sectors and we have one of the largest dedicated energy teams of any international law firm. We are widely recognised as one of the leading providers of legal services to the oil and gas industry covering the entire oil and gas value chain both in the UK and overseas. The role sits within the Oil & Gas team, which is part of the Projects Group. The Oil & Gas team carries out a wide range of specialist work including advising oil majors and independents along with service companies in our market. Our team works closely with clients on large transactional matters and undertakes a wide variety of work for clients based in various jurisdictions. Our team is also a good conduit of work to other teams across the Firm and we are keen to have the resource to assist with any reciprocal requests for assistance from across the Firm. The role demands undertaking business development and marketing activities with enthusiasm.
What will we offer you?
On offer for this Oil and Gas Solicitor role:
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing global team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- We invest in our team and have a first class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best of breed" services.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
We are looking for a Oil and Gas Solicitor who can demonstrate:
- Broad corporate, commercial or energy experience, with experience in oil and gas work desired but not essential. Energy and enthusiasm for transactional work is required.
- Be commercial aware and enthusiastic about business development.
- Be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues in an agile environment.
- Be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment.
- Have the interpersonal skills necessary for this client-facing role.
About the Firm
Pinsent Masons is a global 100 law firm, with over 3,400 employees operating out of 26 locations across Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. We have a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which our clients operate. Our global reach ensures that we are well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional matters across a full range of legal disciplines.
The firm has significant multinational credentials in the financial services, energy, infrastructure, real estate, and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors. Services provided across these sectors include asset management and investment funds, corporate and M&A, commercial, competition, litigation and arbitration, banking, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, projects, pensions, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans and incentives, technology and tax advice.
Pinsent Masons has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, won the "Law Firm of the Year Award 2019 – Legal Business" for the second time and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. Pinsent Masons was also named Law Firm of the Year 2018 by The Lawyer, and is ranked No 1 on the UK Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2019 and named Stonewall’s Top Global Employers 2019.
To Apply for this Lawyer role or to request more information, please click on the Apply Button below.