Company: CREATIVE FINANCIAL STAFFING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Our client is a consumer-goods company and is the leading manufacturer and distributor of premium cannabis products including vape pens, concentrates, edibles, extracts and topicals throughout California. Their brands represent the highest-quality cannabis available - all of which are handcrafted, cultivated and distributed in California.
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA.
SUMMARY: The Senior Accountant position is responsible for serving as a leader in the finance department and ensuring the department creates accurate and timely financial records for the organization. This roles focus is on all aspects of corporate financial reporting, audit, and accounting.RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ensure a successful month-end closing process including consolidated financial reporting and account reconciliations.
- Reconcile G/L accounts or review reconciliations for proper accounting treatment and or
- Build financial statements and audit packages within audit software
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and
- Prepare a complete set of notes to the financial statements (monthly, quarterly and annual).
- Review and interpret agreements to identify potential accounting issues not addressed by clients (i.e. debt, equity, agreements).
- Research accounting guidance and arrive at conclusions for moderately complex accounting transactions including but not limited to stock-based transactions, revenue recognition, equity
- Prepare accounting position papers or memos on the accounting and treatment of moderate to complex accounting transactions including, but not limited to basis of consolidations, revenue recognition, capital leases, operating leases,
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting or Finance), from an accredited Institution.
- Relevant: 4+ years' experience in Public Accounting. 3+ years' building financial statements and audit
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred; Certified Managerial Accountant (CMA) and MBA
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP and basic understanding of
- Prior experience in developing and documenting SOP's.
- Working knowledge and usage of audit software systems including, CaseWare, QuickBooks, Sage X3 and other database
- Coordinate internal teams and external teams (client or auditors) on
- Have strong MS Office Suite user, particularly Excel (formulas, functions, macros, queries, pivot tables) and Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, ).
- Experience with creative problem-solving and alternative procedures.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, detail-oriented and confidential
- Takes ownership of issues and problems, see them to resolution and recommend process
- Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines with efforts to streamline
- Innovative, creative and takes problem-solving to a whole new
- Acts with a sense-of-urgency with quick turnarounds of
- Build strong working relationships with clients and
- Effectively communicate (i.e., verbal and written) with internal management and staff to ensure everyone
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving
- Upbeat, passionate, motivated, personable and team
Salary Range for Senior Accountant direct hire position: $75,000 - $95,000 annually (based on experience)
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) specializes in placing professionals into accounting, finance, and human resource positions with companies across all industries/all sizes. In the LA market, CFS is affiliated with GHJ, a regional public accounting firm ranked Top 20 in the Los Angeles Journal's Book of Lists. Due to our affiliation with GHJ and the strict regulations public accounting firms face today, CFS operates a little differently than many recruiting firms. We do not take a strong-arm approach. We are extremely consultative and professional!
We would like to speak with you to learn more about your expectations of your next career opportunity, and to see if we might be able to help you reach your goals.
Marilynn Ortega, Staffing Manager