$15.00 to $17.00 hourly
Robert Half is looking to add an Accounting Clerk to their growing team, whose duties will be matching invoices to purchase orders/ vouchers, data entry, and assisting with Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). This is a short-term contract / temporary position located in the Charlottesville, Virginia area. Thrive in an efficient, team-oriented environment in this position, which offers room for growth. This is with an organization that has become well-respected.
How you will make an impact
- General accounting: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
- Prepare statements and reports that require utilization of a number of sources
- Order documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of accounting codes and expenditure codes
- Aid Accounts Payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching & filing
- Post financial information to journals and ledgers
- Assist Accounts Receivable: help with collection of past due balance, process daily invoices/credit, and apply cash receipt
- Settle discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as requiredJob Requirements:
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Enter Vendor Invoices experience desired
- Cash Deposits experience
- QuickBooks experience
- Strong familiarity with numeric data entry
- Spreadsheet and ERP system experience preferred
- Accurate, swift, data entry abilities
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
- Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.