JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: £50000/annum BONUS
REED Engineering Manaufacturing are working with a leading manufacturing company with a global client base.
* To manage a team to ensure that production operations are carried out in the most efficient manner whilst ensuring both internal and external customer requirements are satisfied.
* To ensure the promotion of a continuous improvement culture and high morale. To show consistent improvement in the areas of safety, quality, service and cost.
* To support the Operations Manager's direct reports to ensure they appropriately manage their teams and reward, motive and performance manage where appropriate.
* Ensure a safe working environment with zero recordable injuries in compliance with internal policies and external legislation, through the delivery of key enabling activities (e.g. Near Misses, Safety Observations, timely completion of actions). Ensure that safety and environmental incidents are fully investigated and the appropriate countermeasures established.
* Deliver the production plan, on time and to the correct product quality.
* Ensure investigation to quality incidents and track action completion. Improve equipment and processes to eliminate quality loss. Deal and resolve product rework in a timely fashion.
* Ensure appropriate and accurate performance data is collated. Ensure manufacturing and filling and packaging efficiencies perform as budgeted and deliver improvements in these efficiencies through reduction of losses.
* Continually reduce waste, striving for a reduction in standard waste towards a zero waste loss culture. Ensure accurate stock management.
* To ensure that the leadership and operatives are adequately trained to carry out their duties in a safe and satisfactory manner. To foster their development so that decision making is at the lowest appropriate level. Ensure adequate manning levels to enable the factory objectives to be achieved. Manage performance within the team using the Companies policies and procedures to achieve optimal efficiency and operational performance.
* Encourage a "Management by Fact" mindset
* To ensure that Team Leaders and Operatives are actively involved in improvement initiatives.
* To prepare reports and participate in management and other routine meetings as required.
* To liaise with other personnel and departments to ensure the smooth running of the whole of Sheffield Operations.
* Carry out any other duties deemed appropriate by the Operations Director.******Focus on Continuous improvement, data/production planning analysis based on staffing requirements etc*******
Candidates from a Manufacturing/Engineering background within a SME or Corporate based company would be highly advantageous.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided