Handles and delivers bulk and packaged fertilizer and chemicals, performs daily vehicle inspections, handles and delivers packaged chemicals, cleans and maintains equipment, assists mechanic, may maintain maintenance records, & other duties as assigned.
- To load or assist in loading trailer with materials. To unload or assist in unloading trailer by using forklift or hand truck
- To operate semi-truck with one or two trailers, according to state laws
- To transport loads over required route to proper destinations, observing all traffic laws and safety regulations
- Must be able to conduct a standard DOT truck inspection
- Capable of filling out all company and DOT required paperwork
- Must be able to fill out shipping bills of lading and necessary signatures, return completed paper work to shipping office, and to maintain any related records required
- Must be able to lift and move up to 80 pounds
- To perform miscellaneous service duties such as checking on a daily basis, oil, water, gasoline, air in tires, and to report any maintenance malfunctions to maintenance department
- This summary of job responsibilities and duties is meant to be a general description of this position and is not all-inclusive
- Must use tact and diplomacy in dealing with customer personnel at delivery points
- Must be dependable, reliable, and competent to handle equipment safely
- High School diploma or demonstrated experience in vocational agricultural or a combination of education and work experience
- Valid driver's license & Current CDL (Class A) required
- DOT-minimum age requirement is 21 years
- Must be able to work 40+ hour weeks, including weekends
- Must be able to climb ladders to be able to look into tender boxes/tanks
- Must meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening; as a safety sensitive employee subject to random and other required substance abuse screening as per company policy
- May, at times, sit in a cab for periods of time
"We are committed to being the leading provider of agricultural inputs in each of our markets. We will attract and retain outstanding employees by motivating and rewarding them for their accomplishments in providing exceptional service to our valued customers."
Role: Class A Truck Driver-Glenns Ferry, ID
Location: Glenns Ferry,
Apply for this job now.