This is an apprenticeship opportunity. Candidates will be hired based on attitude and aptitude. The successful candidate will be provided the required technical training and certification to grow into the role and launch a successful career in data engineering.
We’re looking for a Cloud Data Engineer Apprentice to contribute to growing data and analytical needs. Be part of the team that looks to build out next-generation hybrid data platform, leveraging new technologies and techniques to maximize the value out of data assets and empower employees to innovate.
A requirement of the application process is to complete the following assessment: #-bw68-yv6r
· Act as champion to identify and respond to data needs for business users to use the analytics environment
· Work with data architects to design and implement solutions to ingest, transform, connect, store and expose Homesite’s data to range of users
· Incorporate new data sources by building pipelines for automated and semi-automated data ingestion and data refresh
· Maintain existing scripts and develop new scripts in SQL, Python, and other languages as appropriate to parse, clean, transform, and load data
· Develop and maintain methods to match external data sources to Homesite data using deterministic and probabilistic methods.
· Develop and implement tests to ensure data quality and proper governance across all integrated datasets
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
· Candidates will have an understanding and some practical experience in the following areas:
- o Python and SQL in Windows and Mac/Linux environment
- o Relational databases including PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server
- o Columnar data structures like Apache Parquet and columnar databases like RedShift
- o Distributed SQL query engines like Presto DB and Athena
- o Amazon Web Services including Redshift, S3, Kinesis, Glue, and DynamoDB
- o Writing shell scripts for process automation
· Training and development will be provided to develop skills.
Role: Cloud Data Engineer - Apprentice
Apply for this job now.