Boston, MA US
Working at Mettler Toledo means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our precision measuring devices span the world's laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We manufacture and service instruments that detect, measure, and weigh - from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or airplanes. Working with us means helicopters remain balanced in the sky, food products are free of contaminants, and substances are measured to the highest accuracy requirements for use across the largest pharmaceutical firms and laboratories.
We have one of the largest global service and sales organizations among precision instrumentation companies, and we need to add to this team immediately in Boston, MA. We are currently hiring a Laboratory Field Service Technician. In this role, you will perform installations, preventive maintenance, certifications, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing Mettler Toledo laboratory equipment including balances and peripherals at customer locations. This product category includes auto-titrators, density meters, refractometers, and thermal analyzers.
- Global market strength and leadership in our category
- A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation
- Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards
- A comprehensive training program and a commitment to world-class service on our state-of-the-art equipment
Do You Have?
- Worked in field service or have related experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Installation, preventive maintenance, and repair skills and can keep track of job assignments and a detailed schedule.
- The ability to identify the root causes of service issues the first time using your keen knowledge of the products and your comfort with hand tools and calibration equipment.
- Excellent customer service skills, detail orientation, and great verbal and written communication skills.
- The discipline to update service records on time and ensure data integrity.
- The desire and ability to promote and sell services and products. Generating sales leads is a requirement.
- An Associate's degree with a focus on electronics or a combination of degree and relevant work experience.
- A valid driver's license and a safe driving history
Can You Picture Yourself?
- Maintaining inventory necessary to meet a high first-time-fix-rate
- Travelling overnight 10% - 25% of the time
- Working evenings and weekends occasionally
- Lifting and carrying 50+ pounds occasionally
- Standing and squatting for long periods of time
- Working out of your home at or near Boston, MA
You May Also Have:
- Experience in the field of chemistry
We Offer You:
- A company car with paid insurance for your work and personal use
- All tools and equipment needed to perform the job and a clothing allowance
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching - all starting on date of hire
- Gym discount program, tuition reimbursement, educational matching gift program
- And, all the usual such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong. Learn more about us at #removed# or watch our latest video.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Mettler Toledo endeavors to make #removed# accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at #removed#
Working at METTLER TOLEDO means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our precision measuring devices span the world's laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We manufacture, sell, and service instruments that detect, measure, and weigh - from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or airplanes.
Role: Laboratory Field Service Technician
Apply for this job now.