Under general direction, support EconoliteSystems by performing work in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenanceof traffic signals and other Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) devices.
- Assist in performing maintenance for traffic signal controllers and cabinets, and perform basic troubleshooting of wiring problems in cabinets, as well as underground.
- Under direction, install various types of traffic signal controllers, video detection systems, CCTV. Install and remove temporary/permanent replacement poles, signal heads, ISNS, street lighting and/or combination of these items
- Assist to troubleshoot and repair wiring problems in the street, up to and including the replacement of conductors in conduit; test and splice loop detectors in the street
- Perform all job functions of Utility Technician and any other assignments as requested
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One (1) to Five (5) years of related traffic experience, electrical experience preferred
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, practices, and methods used in installing, maintaining, and repairing traffic signals, ITS devices and associated equipment preferred. Video Detection configuration, troubleshooting and repair experience highly desired
- Knowledge of principles and practices of traffic control guidelines, both state and local, in addition to pertinent federal, state, and local codes, laws, and regulations regarding electronics
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- Ability to interpret design schematics, site plans, maps, and engineering drawings
- Ability to wire and connect cables necessary for operation of signalized intersections preferred
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable DMV record
- Ability to exert moderate physical effort, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (up to 50 pounds.)
The above statements are intended to indicate the general natureand level of work performed by employees within this classification. They arenot designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties,responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned tothis job.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerningequal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encouragewomen, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to allof our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or nationalorigin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family &Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protectedby law.
We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth anycomplaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or againstany individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaintor otherwise oppose discrimination.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V - Non-Smoking Facility -Drug Free Workplace #ZR
Bysubmitting an application for employment, I the applicant, certify that all ofthe above information (including resume and other attachments) is true andcorrect to the best of my knowledge. I authorize Econolite to requestinformation from my previous employers and school officials and I release allconcerned from any liability for furnishing such information. In the event of employment,I understand that willful omission, falsification or misrepresentation mayconstitute grounds for termination. It should be remembered, that employment isthe mutual consent of Econolite and the employee. Consequently, either theemployee or the Econolite can terminate the relationship “at will.”
Inconsideration of my employment, I agree to conform to all of the policies,rules and standards of the Company. I understand and agree to submit to adrug-screening and background check as part of a conditional offer ofemployment, and any other lawful pre-employment screening tests. I alsounderstand that an offer of employment by the Company is conditional uponsuccessfully passing a company-provided medical examination/drug screen andbackground screen. I understand that my refusal to take the medicalexamination/drug screen will cause the contingent offer of employment to bewithdrawn and/or terminated if employed.
Econolite’s Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) solutions ease traffic congestion, provide safer mobility and improves quality of life. As the one-stop-shop leader for traffic management systems, sensor products, and services, our broad offerings also include planning and design of turnkey, multi-modal transportation systems, software engineering, traffic network implementation, integration, operations, and maintenance. Econolite is committed to the advancement of connected and automated vehicles, smart cities, and cybersecurity. For more information, visit us at #removed#
Role: Traffic Signal Technician
Apply for this job now.